Kevin Norwood Appreciation Thread

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Re: Kevin Norwood

I was very impressed by his catches last night. It reminded me of Julio in '09 against the barn.

Yeldon may get the credit for the TD, but Norwood got us in the position for the TD and definitely deserves credit for that.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN

Norwood is the man. This is one of 'Sips boys from MS!! C'mon, 'Sip!! Show your boy some love!!;)

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC

I'm convinced that Norwood spends all of his practice time falling out of bounds while making catches with his feet inbounds.

BamaBraz

1st Team
Nov 27, 2002
Monrovia, AL

He had a great game, blocking and receiving. He was one happy man after the game also!! He came over to the corner of the Bama end zone and went crazy!

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Norwood is a very reliable receiver. He seems to get better when the stakes are high and the game's on the line.

The very definition of a clutch receiver.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Norwood is the man. This is one of 'Sips boys from MS!! C'mon, 'Sip!! Show your boy some love!!;)

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide
Kevin comes through every time he's given the opportunity to do so. It's amazing to me that we don't go to him more.
But you better believe when a championship or huge game is on the line he suddenly becomes "The Guy".
People don't realize how big and fast he is and I think he'll be playing football for quite a few years.
I've known him for some time now and he is a fine young man and a champion. You GO Kevin!!!!!
RTR!
sip

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

He has not had the kind of year I expected mainly because of Cooper & Bell playing so well. But it sure was Great to see him back in form Saturday. He just makes amazing catches.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Guess who the state 200 meters champion was his senior year in high school? Yep...
Kevin can fly..deceptively so but fly just the same.
The first time I ever heard about Kevin was when his high school coach, Buddy Singleton told me, "I coached Reggie Collier in high school
and I've got a kid who's a better athlete than he was". That speaks volumes because Coach Bryant once called Collier "A man among boys" after USM beat us 38-29 in Tuscaloosa.
When I asked Coach Singleton, "How good is he as a receiver?" he replied, "All I know is if the ball's anywhere in his area he's gonna catch it". Quite prophetic huh?
Coach Singleton also said, "He really ought to play safety in college but he's not going anywhere that doesn't play him at wide receiver".
He based that opinion on the fact that Kevin intercepted twelve passes his senior year. Not bad.
I'm just glad he's getting some recognition.
By the way Kevin was pretty much headed for either USM or Ole Miss. Then one day Coach Saban called Coach Singleton and said that he was in the area and wanted to meet Kevin personally. Coach Singleton called Kevin to his office, Coach Saban walked in, shook hands, talked to Kevin for ten minutes, drove with him to meet his family and left with a commitment.
Quite the recruiter he is. sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.