Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Longshot: BCSNCG could be Bama vs Florida/LSU/SCar

Looking at the new BCS rankings that were just released, there's a small possibility that the NCG could be SEC vs SEC again. How it could happen:

Oregon finishes the regular season undefeated, but goes down to USC in the P12CG
    K-State stumbles in one of their last three games
    ND is defeated by USC in their final game

Bama vs UGA in the SECCG would knock GA down (assuming we win), which would make Florida #2 (assuming they win out), LSU #2 if Florida drops a game, or S.Car #2 if the previous 2 drop a game.

Do I think it will happen? Probably not, but it would be fun to play UGA and Florida this season.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Longshot: BCSNCG could be Bama vs Florida/LSU/SCar

I'm looking for that Nov. 17th weekend to be real interesting. Upsets could happen to allow Florida back into the top 5 again.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

I think UF is the only other SEC team with any shot at all and that is really slim. They would need an impressive win over FSU and for everyone ahead of them to lose.

LSU & SCar would both have two losses, so there's no way they'd get picked ahead of some non-SEC 1-loss team.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

I was cheering for undefeated teams to lose, mainly because it left a narrow opening for Alabama to lose (for instance if they, Oregon and Notre Dame all lost last week, Alabama would not have fallen far at all) and still play for the NC. Now, I think that point is behind us.

Personally, I'm hoping Alabama plays Notre Dame. That would be a huge game, and I don't think they are dangerous as Oregon. So, I think I'll be pulling for Notre Dame from here on out. I think Florida might be more dangerous anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    I was cheering for undefeated teams to lose, mainly because it left a narrow opening for Alabama to lose (for instance if they, Oregon and Notre Dame all lost last week, Alabama would not have fallen far at all) and still play for the NC. Now, I think that point is behind us.

Personally, I'm hoping Alabama plays Notre Dame. That would be a huge game, and I don't think they are dangerous as Oregon. So, I think I'll be pulling for Notre Dame from here on out. I think Florida might be more dangerous anyway.
    I think we match up better with ND than the Ducks, and, face it, we owe ND big time...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Speaking of the BCS countdown show, when did David Pollack become so against Bama. Never thought I would say that Jesse Palmer did a better job and has Alabama's back.

David is sure on his Dawgs pulling an upset in Atlanta to get a chance for the BCSNCG. He does realize this is the same team that almost lost to Kentucky....
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Speaking of the BCS countdown show, when did David Pollack become so against Bama. Never thought I would say that Jesse Palmer did a better job and has Alabama's back.
    I didn't see the show, what was Pollack saying? From what I've seen in the past, he seems pretty high on KSU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Notre Dame going 12-0 and not getting a chance to play for the national championship would be poetic justice from 46 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    I didn't see the show, what was Pollack saying? From what I've seen in the past, he seems pretty high on KSU.

Jesse was saying that Mettenberger made NFL caliber throws and their receivers made one handed impossible catches..etc. Saying that not every team could do that, he wasn't worried about the defense.

Then David said that we could have been exposed and mentioned all the lsu mistakes. He said that if Georiga played well on all sides of the ball, they could beat Bama and get to the BCSCG.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team Crimson Draw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post

David is sure on his Dawgs pulling an upset in Atlanta to get a chance for the BCSNCG. He does realize this is the same team that almost lost to Kentucky....
    LSU almost lost to Auburn.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I am more concerned about us getting there than who we will play. That said, I was in the Orange Bowl the last time we played Notre Dame. I would really like to see that game.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Draw View Post
    LSU almost lost to Auburn.

That is true. Crazy football season.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The monkey wrench in the whole deal is that both Oregon teams have to lose. One will beat the other obviously but then what?
    :13