Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Longshot: BCSNCG could be Bama vs Florida/LSU/SCar

For your original question I do not see them allowing 2 SEC teams in the big game again. To many conference big wigs crying over money, for that to happen, IMO. Last year, clearly THE 2 Best teams played, and Bama shut up the what if's.

Now for the SEC championship game: I would love to see us play SC for a little pay back, but like I said at the beginning of the year, I think it's FL.

You may think its crazy but I can see API beating Jawga if they don't fire Cheese before the game.

Jawga is the most undisplined team I have ever seen. They can fight but are not very good at that. What has Jawga EVER done? Take out Herchel Wlaker & you have Kentucky.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Jesse was saying that Mettenberger made NFL caliber throws and their receivers made one handed impossible catches..etc. Saying that not every team could do that, he wasn't worried about the defense.

Then David said that we could have been exposed and mentioned all the lsu mistakes. He said that if Georiga played well on all sides of the ball, they could beat Bama and get to the BCSCG.
    I listen to David and he always says good things about Bama. However, UGA's win against Florida has the fans running their traps again. You didn't hear a peep out of them after the USCe game. Could they beat is? Maybe. Is it likely they will? I seriously doubt it. If Bama was exposed against LSU and won, what can we say about UGA losing to USCe? I think all of this is wishful talk from a former Georgia player with a mic and a camera.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

IMO a one loss SEC team will not be in the big game if KState, Oregon, and ND all finish undefeated. As for two SEC teams in Miami, not a chance. If those three stumble and there is a one loss Alabama or UGA then it will be BCS mayhem. If all four undefeated teams remain undefeated then it will be Alabama vs Oregon for the crystal football.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    The monkey wrench in the whole deal is that both Oregon teams have to lose. One will beat the other obviously but then what?
    Oregon State already has a loss. Also, LSU and S Carolina have no chance. none
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    You may think its crazy but I can see API beating Jawga if they don't fire Cheese before the game.
    Clearly, you have not watched *burn play this year. They are one of, if not the worst, football team in the FBS. The Georgia you are referring to is the one without Jarvis Jones. The guy is an absolute beast and easily the best player on their team. Without him they are average, at best, on defense. With him, they are pretty solid. I'm looking for a beatdown on the plains this weekend. Can't wait to watch.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Clearly, you have not watched *burn play this year. They are one of, if not the worst, football team in the FBS. The Georgia you are referring to is the one without Jarvis Jones. The guy is an absolute beast and easily the best player on their team. Without him they are average, at best, on defense. With him, they are pretty solid. I'm looking for a beatdown on the plains this weekend. Can't wait to watch.
    I'm not ever going to defend API & always HOPE they lose but I did watch then plat LSU & MSU pretty good as I recall.
    API just seems to have the dogs number especially at home. But that my opinion we will have to watch the game. I do know that teams that discount or take for granted teams like API often suffer from it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Notre Dame going 12-0 and not getting a chance to play for the national championship would be poetic justice from 46 years ago.
    Not to mention 35 years ago.
    Lucky #13

BamaNation Hall of Fame BAMAFAN IN NY's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Jesse was saying that Mettenberger made NFL caliber throws and their receivers made one handed impossible catches..etc. Saying that not every team could do that, he wasn't worried about the defense.

Then David said that we could have been exposed and mentioned all the lsu mistakes. He said that if Georiga played well on all sides of the ball, they could beat Bama and get to the BCSCG.

And all those things are right. Georgia CAN beat Bama. Why do you people always expect every single analyst to be Alabama cheerleaders??
    Touch that thang fo!-- Courtney Upshaw

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Very very slim...like slim to none.

LSU is out of it with two losses.

USC/UF would need all the undefeateds not named Alabama, to lose and even then, SOS will rule which probably puts ND or possibly KSU still in the mix and likely in over any one-loss SEC team.
    Media will not allow another SEC vs. SEC matchup.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    Looking at the new BCS rankings that were just released, there's a small possibility that the NCG could be SEC vs SEC again. How it could happen:

Oregon finishes the regular season undefeated, but goes down to USC in the P12CG
    K-State stumbles in one of their last three games
    ND is defeated by USC in their final game

Bama vs UGA in the SECCG would knock GA down (assuming we win), which would make Florida #2 (assuming they win out), LSU #2 if Florida drops a game, or S.Car #2 if the previous 2 drop a game.

Do I think it will happen? Probably not, but it would be fun to play UGA and Florida this season.
    It's very unlikely that Oregon will face USC again. Saturday gave the Trojans 3 conference losses which is almost guaranteed to keep them out of the Pac 10 Championship.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    I was cheering for undefeated teams to lose, mainly because it left a narrow opening for Alabama to lose (for instance if they, Oregon and Notre Dame all lost last week, Alabama would not have fallen far at all) and still play for the NC. Now, I think that point is behind us.
    Personally, I'm hoping Alabama plays Notre Dame. That would be a huge game, and I don't think they are dangerous as Oregon. So, I think I'll be pulling for Notre Dame from here on out. I think Florida might be more dangerous anyway.
    I gotta say I'm surprised that ND has played as well as they have. (Not a fan)
    TIDE-HSV nailed it when he said we owe ND one. I'd really like to see that one come to pass.
    We would get a bonus of seeing Lou Holtz trying to avoid a stoke when the Irish lost...

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    I didn't see the show, what was Pollack saying? From what I've seen in the past, he seems pretty high on KSU.

I'm not sure if Pollack is high on KSU or just anti-Alabama. Seems to be a lot of that going around... RTR.
    Jealousy knows no bounds...

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAFAN IN NY View Post
    And all those things are right. Georgia CAN beat Bama. Why do you people always expect every single analyst to be Alabama cheerleaders??
    I must be one of the 'YOU PEOPLE' your talking about.
    I do expect analyst to talk about us in a positive fashion when we are undefeated,
    and have played well.

The 'YOU PEOPLE' tag may sell well in NY, but it's not a starter in ALABAMA...
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; November 5th, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: format.