Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team CrimsonForever1's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

LSU was "NOT" playing "PREVENT" on our touchdown drive

First play to Norwood, he was double covered and AJ threaded the needle.... Second play to Norwood it looked like #2 cover zone...... Third play to Norwood had man coverage with a linebacker blitz and he beat the defender with a great sideline route...... At that point, Danielson made the statement that LSU was playing Bama Soft..... The incomplete pass to Norwood in the endzone, Lsu blitzed a linebacker and it was one on one cover on Norwood with a safety help....... The touchdown play to TJ, LSU had a two linebacker blitz, plus Minter got sucked inside too far before he realized it was a screen and Warmack got in his way twice to give TJ a step on him..... After that, it was TJ alone with a couple of very good moves on two defenders with a little help from #80 at the goal......... I say all of that because The "Hatter" is taking some heat for playing prevent.... A prevent usually is 3 down linemen and 8 in soft medium coverage with two or 3 deep safeties........ I just mentioned that because of what Danielson said....... My personal take on the drive was that AJ being on the money, the Oline keeping the defense off of AJ, Norwood with some great routes, and catches, the other recievers running grat routes to pull away the other dbacks, and of course TJ, blocking on a couple of blitzes, and one great fake block on a blitz that openened the TD play up...... Team effort...... Also, the fake field goal, or the onside kick did not hurt LSU anyway as we were in a funk..... The long field goal try did not hurt them because even if he had made it, then kicked off into the endzone, we would have only started 3 yards longer on the drive...... The only really questionable call was Miles going for it on 4th down with the offense he used..... I am just tired of the excuses, especially the "prevent" angle on our drive.... RTR!!!!! I know I`m singing to the choir.....
    Last edited by CrimsonForever1; November 4th, 2012 at 09:37 PM.
    I have but one life to give to my country, and I give it to The Crimson Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

Re: LSU was "NOT" playing "PREVENT" on our touchdown drive

I've argued all day on Facebook with LSU fans over this. I don't exactly recall the first few plays, but I know they blitzed on the TD pass. It was a perfect play call to use their aggressiveness against them.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have been also.... It is just the whole prevent thing..... The no penalties against us which is not true..... Seems like they had one penalty that benefitted them, and the SEC office bought and paid for our win so that a league team could go to the BCSCG..
    Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneGrad06 View Post
    I've argued all day on Facebook with LSU fans over this. I don't exactly recall the first few plays, but I know they blitzed on the TD pass. It was a perfect play call to use their aggressiveness against them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForever1 View Post
    I have been also.... It is just the whole prevent thing..... The no penalties against us which is not true..... Seems like they had one penalty that benefitted them, and the SEC office bought and paid for our win so that a league team could go to the BCSCG..
    People forget about the arm bar on Norwood that was somehow called offensive pass interference in the first quarter that made it 1st and 25 when we in shadow of their goalpost.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I`m sure there were a lot more missed on both teams, but that is the human element. I really thought that motion call on them when we got a fumble was bull also..... But, the game turned out perfect for the ending it had...... Although I think my two stents moved in my heart on the TD play!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    People forget about the arm bar on Norwood that was somehow called offensive pass interference in the first quarter that made it 1st and 25 when we in shadow of their goalpost.

Goes to show you if a TV guy says it, the entire Nation thinks its so.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

not totally prevent but they were playing soft

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The first play, they definitely was not playing bump and run, but it was double coverage and it took a perfect throw and catch..... Otherwise, they played their basic 4 by 3 defense with the last two plays being blitzes.... The play that Danielson called as being soft, the corner that was covering Kevin was within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage, then they faked a blitz and the linebacker went to cover 2.. The next two plays, they blitzed two backers.... I do not call that playing soft.....
    Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    not totally prevent but they were playing soft

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The first play, they definitely was not playing bump and run, but it was double coverage and it took a perfect throw and catch..... Otherwise, they played their basic 4 by 3 defense with the last two plays being blitzes.... The play that Danielson called as being soft, the corner that was covering Kevin was within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage, then they faked a blitz and the linebacker went to cover 2.. The next two plays, they blitzed two backers.... I do not call that playing soft.....
    That one play, another defender just backed off his man to help defend. I'd call giving 10 yards of cushion soft. The incomplete pass, they rushed only 4 lineman. we can agree to disagree but that was soft defense on the final drive other than the screen.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

What Danielson was wrong!!!!OmGosh! Say it aint so...

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Agree with gamersfuel - it was not a "prevent" defense, but they were playing soft. The rest of the game, LSU was playing a very aggressive bump and run with both safeties back in support. On the last drive, the corners gave the Alabama recievers room - did not play the same aggressive bump and run. It allowed seperation that was not there. LSU's corners are still great, so Norwood was not "wide open", but that isn't the same as suggesting that they only rushed 3 and dropped everyone else back in a "prevent" defense.

They stayed in their base defense, but gave the receivers more room. After 3 straight completions from McCarron (who had a weak 2nd half to that point), they went back to their pressure front and bump and run man coverage which opened up the TD play to TJ. You really could not have scripted it any better.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    I thought that was a horrible call.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I`m sure there were a lot more missed on both teams, but that is the human element. I really thought that motion call on them when we got a fumble was bull also..... But, the game turned out perfect for the ending it had...... Although I think my two stents moved in my heart on the TD play!!!!
    It wasn't...an LSU interior lineman flinched. You can see him rock in his stance just slightly. It wasn't the wr or motion like Danielson said, it was a lineman flinching.