Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Article LSU wrap-up: Tideís ends didnít fit the means, but UA will keep the result

LSU wrap-up: Tideís ends didnít fit the means, but UA will keep the result
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    November 5th, 2012 12:15 AM

By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 4, 2012   There are a pair of sayings in competitive bowling that, rather illogically, apply to college football from time to time.   The first is ďout-bowling your score,Ē which is a term for making great shots but not scoring as highly as you thought you should. The [...]

Read More Here
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement

Re: LSU wrap-up: Tideís ends didnít fit the means, but UA will keep the result

Always enjoy your insight. Thanks!

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Thanks Jess I was waiting on your wrap up.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

It's depressing to read that insight but not one point can I argue. I hope we can fix those mistakes before A&M.

Thx for the insight, Jess.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've got a worry-wart streak about a mile wide before games (not so much, strangely, once the game starts). The comments concerning injuries landed squarely in the middle of said streak.
    ďLouisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.Ē
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by lafella View Post
    Thanks Jess I was waiting on your wrap up.
    Sorry it was late. Connection problems the site apparently had extended to me. I was working on remote, anyway, which didn't help.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

the biggest thing i took away from this game, is with all of the problems we had in the second half, we took the game. we didn't get a lucky bounce or a fluke play, our battered and tired d got the offense the ball back twice in the last four minutes of the game, then the o marched down the field in a dominant fashion to win, then the d came back and sealed the deal.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Agree with all Jess. If a team ever needed a week's R and R, this one sure does. It's the cost of playing as the top dog in the nation, not to mention in the bone-breaking SEC. Every game we play is a circle on that opponent's calendar. It has to wear a team out fighting off every other team's best effort for the year. They're a tired team, mentally, physically and emotionally.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation All-American

Fourth quarter conditioning played a big hand in bringing this win to fruition. At the start of the fourth quarter I saw all the LSU fans holding up four fingers and told my wife, "the 4th qtr. is OUR strong suit".
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

The injuries worry me a bit. Great breakdown!!!

I've been concerned with the safety play all year. It is going to have to be better against A&M, like you said. But Bama makes the yards tough to come by. And Lsu probably alone can withstand the physical play for the whole game.

Didn't think about it until your analysis, but you are right....what a giant loss in Hightower. Who on the roster can take his spot? I thought Devall would, but he's been playing Jack.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    The injuries worry me a bit. Great breakdown!!!
    Yeah, the injuries are my biggest concern at this point. I have no doubt that CNS and CKS will get the defensive scheme issues resolved, but we're beat all to hell and back. Hopefully EL can keep grinding out carries and Amari Cooper can get back and healthy over the next few weeks; Coop's ankle should be 100% by the bowl game anyway. In the meantime, the guys have just got to whatever they can to get by. There's no such thing as bad win at this point.

Imo, no other team in the country comes out of Red Stick with a win last Saturday Night. Hats off for pulling that one out of the fire.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.