Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Pick the Score: Alabama vs. Texas A&M

If we perform on offense, we win 34-17.
    If we perform on offense like we did most of the game in BR, we lose it 27-24.

Sorry to be all Negatron but we have to get off the field on 3rd downs. I think we will BUT I'll admit I'm a little concerned. Roll Tide!!!
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar

With all due respect to A &M I see them as being very similar to Arkansas two, three years ago. Everybody said this was Ar-Kansas' year. They are finally going to beat Bama. They have a QB that will give Alabama fits. I know A & M's QB is outstanding scrabbling with the football and that's not been the case with any of the Ar-Kansas QB's, but I don't see A & M as a power offense. They are more finesse. Also like Arky A & M's defense is very suspect.

What concerns me more than anything about the game against A & M is we are a beat-up football team and we are coming off a very physical, emotional victory in Baton Rouge. Alabama will give A & M a healthy dose of "Open up and say ah." Our ground game will keep their offense off the field and Alabama wins 38 - 17.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamabryan View Post
    I know A & M's QB is outstanding scrabbling with the football and that's not been the case with any of the Ar-Kansas QB's, but I don't see A & M as a power offense. They are more finesse.
    If anything maybe, you can see this as a tune-up for Oregon ;-) ... dare I say it? Sorry for looking *way* ahead but it does get me thinking.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation All-American

I'll take Bama 37 Texas A&M 24. I think we are a tired and battered team right now, and ATM will put some points on the board. I think our balance on offense will allow us to outscore them. I hope I am wrong about our defense giving up this many, but it really wouldn't surprise me. Well, maybe Bama 31 Texas A&M 20. I can't really decide, so I'll leave them both up.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanish View Post
    Our average game: Score 65% more than the opposing defense averages, and hold defense to 32% of opponent's offensive average.
    A&M's average game: Score 61% more than the opposing defense averages, and hold defense to 74% of opponent's offensive average.

Our average score: 38-9
    A&M's average score: 42-23

Our average SEC score:38-10
    A&M's average SEC score: 38-19

Our offenses look like they are pretty much statistically even. Our defense (no surprise) looks to be the difference.

Expected score: 33-14, Alabama

ETA:
    Common Opponents:
    Ole Miss - AL: 33-14 (@AL) vs. aTm: 30-27 (@OM)
    Arkansas - AL: 52-0 (@AR) vs. aTm: 58-10 (@aTm)
    LSU - AL: 21-17 (@LSU) vs. aTm: 19-24 (@aTm)
    MSU - AL: 38-7 (@AL) vs. aTm: 38-13 (@MSU)

Average: AL: 36-10; aTm: 36-19

Same story: Same offense; defense adv. to AL
    Are you a math major by chance???

BamaNation All-American

Hopefully our offense returns and AJ throws with confidence. The last game could have shaken him some. I think he comes back to his old self. A&m will jump out to an early lead like they always do. We may be behind after the first quarter by a touchdown, but we'll go ahead at half and punish them the 2nd half.

38-13 Good guys.

BamaNation Second Team TideLegacy's Avatar

I have Bama winning this game 31-17 ish, could be a Bama blow-out if RS Fr. QB makes a bushel of mistakes. Having said that, those that are thinking 40-something to 7/10/13 need to take a close inspection of stats of common opponents to date.

But I am probably the onlyl one that has watched every down of both teams this season. If A&M played Florida this weekend A&M would likely win. First game for a fish QB is very tough vs. a talented defense.

I expect Jess's analysis will have this game somewhat close with Bama pulling away late.

PS - I have Bama in the NC game vs. KSU

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm going for Bama 34 aTm 20
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

FB | REC Moderator

30 - 16 .....
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

26-17 Good Guys

37-24 Bama. We score but have a hard time stopping them.
    Bama 879-315-44 72.7% On the field

24 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

I'll say the Crimson Tide 45

The Fighting Milk Men 21
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Wasn't even going to post this week because J4B nailed it in the OP. 34-17 Bama!