Pick the Score: Alabama vs. Texas A&M

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
We are simply better than Texas A&M. Though I worry about any game against a good team, this doesn't have the feel of an upset. The Aggies are coming to Tuscaloosa having not rested in several weeks. I think Sumlin is an average coach who has lucked into a situation with a really athletic quarterback and has made the most of it. However nice their QB looks, he is still a freshman. The only way Alabama doesn't win this game is if we pull a repeat of last week's game and allow their offense to run a whole lot of plays. I just don't see it happening again. Alabama scores early and often. Coach Saban's defense will bend on occasion to the Aggies, but no way do they score more than two touchdowns on us. Unless we turn the ball over several times, we put this game away by the middle of the third quarter. Reading the Aggie boards, you'd think they were the ones who almost won last Saturday. They lost at home to LSU and Florida and barely beat Ole Miss and La Tech.

The Aggies have done a good job their first year in the SEC. However, they haven't shown the ability to win big games when the chance was there. Close doesn't count. This one won't be close.

Alabama 40
Texas A&M 17

ltfbama

Nov 2, 2011
Is anyone remembering A&M has played 10 STRAIGHT games. Manziel is a great talent but inexperienced against a Nick Saban coached defense it's a confusing defense with all the last second defensive adjustments. I'm thinking Bama 38 A&M 13

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I like a lot of the picks I'm seeing. Looks like most of us are on the same page. LSU humbled us a little but hey, we played poorly, they played great, and we still found a way to win. I know we are better than that.

I think we bounce back pretty strong against Texas A&M. Twice I have watched the Aggies play from beginning to end - games with UF and LSU. Johnny Football and his guys got up and down the field early, but in both cases, they got shut down later in the game. I see a similiar outcome.

Additionally, I believe our offense comes on with the power running game and play-action pass. We put up some points.

I'm going to say

Alabama 42 aTm 19

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
42-10 Bama ......:) LSwho averaged 7.1 yards per rush against them....I say we pound them with our OL and just eat the clock.....Johnny Football can't score if he's riding the pine....

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Well said my friend!

With all the press saying how Great we are Bama needed a game like LSU last Saturday, now they really come together. I like CG score but if Cooper is back add 2 more TD s for the Good Guys.

Think we will see a defense that can stop 3rd down & an Offesnse that just drives all the way down the field.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Considering A&M knows they're out of the race (unlike LSU, until last night), I don't forsee quite the same game.

That, and it's at home.

Alabama 38, A&M 17

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Is anyone remembering A&M has played 10 STRAIGHT games. Manziel is a great talent but inexperienced against a Nick Saban coached defense it's a confusing defense with all the last second defensive adjustments. I'm thinking Bama 38 A&M 13
Great point. This is A&M's fourth road game in the last five weeks. They also haven't had an extra week to prepare for us like LSU did. In fact A&M hasn't a bye week since week 1. The one home game they had was against LSU and it was a loss. Manziel scares me but I like the fact that it's at home and we're coming off a huge win. If we had lost to LSU I would be much more worried. Bama gets the job done this weekend and punches its ticket to the SEC Championship.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
We're banged up and just played an intense slobber-knocker so I think that will affect Bama some in this game but it won't be enough for the aggies to win.
TAMU is for sure a feisty & dangerous team with a talented rb and probably a future Heisman contender qb that is the heart and soul of their team. Their defense however, is allowing lots of points and yardage, from inferior opponents which will likely do them in against Bama.

I think they'll get some plays on us, as their offense is potent and we're a tired team. Their two losses came against superior opponents, UF and LSU, who both managed to hold the Aggie offense to under 20 pts and I think Bama's defense will do the same.
Bama will likely play "keep-away" controlling the game offensively with long drives, so that Johnny Football stays on the bench and our defense gets some rest.

35 BAMA
20 TAMU
Why do people keep thinking Alabama is the only "tired and beat up" team in this game ? This A&M's 10 straight game and their fourth road game in the last five weeks. They haven't had a bye week to get ready for us like LSU did. I agree A&M is a dangerous team but I'd be more concerned if this game were in College Station. A&M took advantage of a bad Auburn team and a Miss. State team that didn't show up after the beatdown by Alabama. Bama knows what is has to do to win and will get it done.

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
Bama 31
TAMU 17

It will be relatively close at half time but there will not be a second half let down or in the redzone fumble on a hand-off the way there was against LSU.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I respectfully (since this is your board) predict Aggies 35, Tide 34! Ok, I'll duck and you can bash away now! lol
A very respectful prediction. If the Aggies win this is a good pick. I figure A&M has to score in the mid 30s to have a chance. FWIW, yall are catching us at a good time coming off the LSU game.

I expect aTm to be a tough out; especially after the tough game last week. I would gladly take a one-point win and call it a day.
I'm concerned too! Everybody is beat up but we just played LSU. I'm concerned about our secondary and their qb making some plays to hurt us.

I think this is a survival game pure and simple. I'll take a one point victory and then we can rest and heal and should easily take care of WC and the Barn before we go play the Dawgs.

Bama 31
A&M 27

AggieEric98

Nov 5, 2012
I am going 24-21 Bama. I just don't think our D will be able to stop your rushing attack. I think we will score a few times, but like LSU and FL in the 2nd half a ball control offense will keep us off the field.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Our average game: Score 65% more than the opposing defense averages, and hold defense to 32% of opponent's offensive average.
A&M's average game: Score 61% more than the opposing defense averages, and hold defense to 74% of opponent's offensive average.

Our average score: 38-9
A&M's average score: 42-23

Our average SEC score:38-10
A&M's average SEC score: 38-19

Our offenses look like they are pretty much statistically even. Our defense (no surprise) looks to be the difference.

Expected score: 33-14, Alabama

ETA:
Common Opponents:
Ole Miss - AL: 33-14 (@AL) vs. aTm: 30-27 (@OM)
Arkansas - AL: 52-0 (@AR) vs. aTm: 58-10 (@aTm)
LSU - AL: 21-17 (@LSU) vs. aTm: 19-24 (@aTm)
MSU - AL: 38-7 (@AL) vs. aTm: 38-13 (@MSU)

Average: AL: 36-10; aTm: 36-19

Same story: Same offense; defense adv. to AL

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.