Pick the Score: Alabama vs. Texas A&M

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I think our offense is actually the side of the ball that comes out with something to prove. Assuming everyone is healthy, I think they have trouble stopping our run game at home and when they cheat up, they cannot play our WR man to man. They will score, especially on our tired defense. I'm guessing us mid 30s maybe better, them low 20s. To be safe say 34-21. May not be that close, but CNS will call off the dogs as soon as he feels like it is safe to do so. Hate to credit him, but it's the Lou Holtz thing now; we don't have to be the best team in football, just the best team in the stadium.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
If we perform on offense, we win 34-17.
If we perform on offense like we did most of the game in BR, we lose it 27-24.

Sorry to be all Negatron but we have to get off the field on 3rd downs. I think we will BUT I'll admit I'm a little concerned. Roll Tide!!!

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
With all due respect to A &M I see them as being very similar to Arkansas two, three years ago. Everybody said this was Ar-Kansas' year. They are finally going to beat Bama. They have a QB that will give Alabama fits. I know A & M's QB is outstanding scrabbling with the football and that's not been the case with any of the Ar-Kansas QB's, but I don't see A & M as a power offense. They are more finesse. Also like Arky A & M's defense is very suspect.

What concerns me more than anything about the game against A & M is we are a beat-up football team and we are coming off a very physical, emotional victory in Baton Rouge. Alabama will give A & M a healthy dose of "Open up and say ah." Our ground game will keep their offense off the field and Alabama wins 38 - 17.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I know A & M's QB is outstanding scrabbling with the football and that's not been the case with any of the Ar-Kansas QB's, but I don't see A & M as a power offense. They are more finesse.
If anything maybe, you can see this as a tune-up for Oregon ;-) ... dare I say it? Sorry for looking *way* ahead but it does get me thinking.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I'll take Bama 37 Texas A&M 24. I think we are a tired and battered team right now, and ATM will put some points on the board. I think our balance on offense will allow us to outscore them. I hope I am wrong about our defense giving up this many, but it really wouldn't surprise me. Well, maybe Bama 31 Texas A&M 20. I can't really decide, so I'll leave them both up.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Our average game: Score 65% more than the opposing defense averages, and hold defense to 32% of opponent's offensive average.
A&M's average game: Score 61% more than the opposing defense averages, and hold defense to 74% of opponent's offensive average.

Our average score: 38-9
A&M's average score: 42-23

Our average SEC score:38-10
A&M's average SEC score: 38-19

Our offenses look like they are pretty much statistically even. Our defense (no surprise) looks to be the difference.

Expected score: 33-14, Alabama

ETA:
Common Opponents:
Ole Miss - AL: 33-14 (@AL) vs. aTm: 30-27 (@OM)
Arkansas - AL: 52-0 (@AR) vs. aTm: 58-10 (@aTm)
LSU - AL: 21-17 (@LSU) vs. aTm: 19-24 (@aTm)
MSU - AL: 38-7 (@AL) vs. aTm: 38-13 (@MSU)

Average: AL: 36-10; aTm: 36-19

Same story: Same offense; defense adv. to AL
Are you a math major by chance???:conf2:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Hopefully our offense returns and AJ throws with confidence. The last game could have shaken him some. I think he comes back to his old self. A&m will jump out to an early lead like they always do. We may be behind after the first quarter by a touchdown, but we'll go ahead at half and punish them the 2nd half.

38-13 Good guys.

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
I have Bama winning this game 31-17 ish, could be a Bama blow-out if RS Fr. QB makes a bushel of mistakes. Having said that, those that are thinking 40-something to 7/10/13 need to take a close inspection of stats of common opponents to date.

But I am probably the onlyl one that has watched every down of both teams this season. If A&M played Florida this weekend A&M would likely win. First game for a fish QB is very tough vs. a talented defense.

I expect Jess's analysis will have this game somewhat close with Bama pulling away late.

PS - I have Bama in the NC game vs. KSU

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I respectfully (since this is your board) predict Aggies 35, Tide 34! Ok, I'll duck and you can bash away now! lol
I'll say that if A&M scores 35 they will win. Your assuming Johnny Be Good will see the field that much. Personally I think you will see that Bama has a ground game and it will be utilized. That should keep the score down as well as y'all's talented QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.