Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama holding penalties - Question

I have been reading on Tigerdroppings that we held a lot during the game, but it didn't get called. They are saying Barrett held on the screen pass to TJ that scored the winning touchdown. I cannot watch a play live and see holding right off so are they just complaining or what? I'm just curious.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

2. Advertisement

Re: Alabama holding penalties - Question

Just complaining

their OL was more guilty than ours...IMHO

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    That is what one person was saying. They held just as much as us, but the refs weren't calling it.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    They are saying Barrett held on the screen pass to TJ that scored the winning touchdown.
    I don't think so but it doesn't really matter. LSU blitzed the dude that would have been responsible for covering Yeldon leaving him wide open and the defense exposed. Yeldon scores NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS on the line of scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post

^^^^THIS...

I made a similar comment in the "LSU was not playing prevent" thread...our guys were getting mugged at times on LSU's 3rd down plays. LSU fans are the kings of WHINE. And its usually always about Alabama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

I'm guessing they didn't watch the first quarter when Fluker got called for holding. I heard this nonsense from MSU fans, one even putting a still photo on FB that proves nothing as holding could be called on every play.

They lost. Move on.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

I seen what I thought was holding on them on several plays. Ask them about the pass interference call on us, that was a joke.

BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In a game like this, unless the hold is egregious (like Fluker throwing DE to the ground), it's not going to get called. The refs managed the game pretty well. In the end, the game was decided by the teams, not the refs.

I think the refs did a good job in this game of letting the teams play ball. It was grown man football at it's best. You could probably call holding on every play if you wanted and there were several times when I thought LSU could have been called for holding. Usually something like "Barret Jones was holding on the touchdown" is something fans of the losing team say. Krymsonman

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

LSU could have and should have been flagged for as much or more holding than Bama. The "offensive pass interference" call early in the game was a joke.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team BamaFanInTally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    I think the refs did a good job in this game of letting the teams play ball. It was grown man football at it's best. You could probably call holding on every play if you wanted and there were several times when I thought LSU could have been called for holding. Usually something like "Barret Jones was holding on the touchdown" is something fans of the losing team say. Krymsonman
    I saw a good bit of illegal hands to the face by both the LSU defensive line (mainly) and some on their OL. Don't think the ref threw a flag on that the whole night.

BamaNation First Team Lassr4Bama's Avatar

I just watched the screen pass play in the Gary Danielson thread and there are no holds anywhere in that frame. You can see Jones fairly clearly and he has his blocking assignment in front of him the whole time. No holding.