Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

How to Stop "Johann FutBol"?

What are the thoughts of those who jhave some familiarity with this TAMU team?

The Aggs will come in loaded for Bear, playing #1 on the road in your first SEC season. They just blew out MSU, and played LSU and Florida well. I think they will be stoked and coming to win, and it seems they start fast.

How will Bama handle that offense, and contain Manziel?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Re: How to Stop "Johann FutBol"?

I saw on their forums where this will be a revenge game!.......We gave them Fran Gonna have to keep him in the pocket I would assume would be our goal.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

CJ Mosely

BamaNation Second Team UnNFormedFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I believe our "big uglies" up front will dominate their "big uglies" thereby causing him to rush and be hurried all day. Also I just have a feeling that knowing the way CNS takes his foot off the gas, that may not be the case in this game.
    Non-poster

we will stop him the same way we stopped denard, the same way we stopped tebow in 2009 and the same way we stopped cam in the first half of the IB 2010
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation First Team

I don't know if any team can overcome a team motivated by revenge for giving your program Fran. It is the best revenge motivation I've seen. I had not factored that in. Maybe they will be so lathered up at the thought they make a lot of errors.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Johnny will get a shadow. Long clock consuming drives keeps him on the bench.

BamaNation First Team

I think you can look at the way we played Michigan as a blueprint for some of the strategy. Johnny Foosball is a better passer than Robinson, but I still think containment will be a key aspect of what the defense will try to do. He has thrown some pretty dumb INT's in several games I've watched. I liked what Pollack had to say on BCS countdown last night. He wasn't really concerned about Bama's pass defense. He thought Mettenberger and the LSU receivers played NFL level for one night. If a team has to do that to pass on Bama most teams won't have success, and the odds of some of those catches and throws happening two weeks in a row are small.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com
    Weather the early storm and wear them down in the second half. We may be fatigues but they haven't had a break all year. Long time consuming drives for TD's.
    RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Keep their Qb in the pocket and stop their running game. I'm hoping our defense is focused this week and is looking forward to the opportunity since we got gashed for 400+ yrds against LSU.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Might be a great idea to look at what LSU did to them. Chavis went to a three man line and it gave Johnny fubtol fits the rest of the game.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Shouldn't that be Juan Futbol?

First thing will be to keep him on the bench.
    "He's crazy, Doc. He won't fly with me. I take good care of him, but he won't. He's crazy, alright."
    "There, that's proof, isn't it?. They all say I'm crazy."
    "They're crazy."
    "Then why don't you ground them?"
    "Why don't they ask?"
    "Because they're crazy, that's why."
    "Of course they're crazy. I just told you that. You can't let crazy people decide if you are crazy or not, can you?"

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

It is important that we not overreact. That is par for the CFB course.

Texas A&M has lost twice. They gave up 21 points to the Barn, a team that after their output Saturday averages 19 a game. LSUs anemic offense (Sat notwithstanding) got 24. The risk of a letdown is real for us but I think step one is to simply hit the guy a few times.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.