How to Stop "Johann FutBol"?

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
What are the thoughts of those who jhave some familiarity with this TAMU team?

The Aggs will come in loaded for Bear, playing #1 on the road in your first SEC season. They just blew out MSU, and played LSU and Florida well. I think they will be stoked and coming to win, and it seems they start fast.

How will Bama handle that offense, and contain Manziel?

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
I saw on their forums where this will be a revenge game!.......We gave them Fran:biggrin: Gonna have to keep him in the pocket I would assume would be our goal.

UnNFormedFan

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2009
Mobile
I believe our "big uglies" up front will dominate their "big uglies" thereby causing him to rush and be hurried all day. Also I just have a feeling that knowing the way CNS takes his foot off the gas, that may not be the case in this game.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we will stop him the same way we stopped denard, the same way we stopped tebow in 2009 and the same way we stopped cam in the first half of the IB 2010

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I don't know if any team can overcome a team motivated by revenge for giving your program Fran. It is the best revenge motivation I've seen. I had not factored that in. Maybe they will be so lathered up at the thought they make a lot of errors.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I think you can look at the way we played Michigan as a blueprint for some of the strategy. Johnny Foosball is a better passer than Robinson, but I still think containment will be a key aspect of what the defense will try to do. He has thrown some pretty dumb INT's in several games I've watched. I liked what Pollack had to say on BCS countdown last night. He wasn't really concerned about Bama's pass defense. He thought Mettenberger and the LSU receivers played NFL level for one night. If a team has to do that to pass on Bama most teams won't have success, and the odds of some of those catches and throws happening two weeks in a row are small.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Weather the early storm and wear them down in the second half. We may be fatigues but they haven't had a break all year. Long time consuming drives for TD's.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Keep their Qb in the pocket and stop their running game. I'm hoping our defense is focused this week and is looking forward to the opportunity since we got gashed for 400+ yrds against LSU.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It is important that we not overreact. That is par for the CFB course.

Texas A&M has lost twice. They gave up 21 points to the Barn, a team that after their output Saturday averages 19 a game. LSUs anemic offense (Sat notwithstanding) got 24. The risk of a letdown is real for us but I think step one is to simply hit the guy a few times.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Playing in nickel will be what saves us this Saturday. If we were playing another LSU-type offense, we would be too worn to survive.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
The best thing to do is just keep our offense on the field in nice 8-10 play drives and keep the ball away from him. Then when he does have the ball pop him a couple of times. I've noticed when he is pressured, as long as he is contained he's not very productive. Krymsonman

Ag2012

Apr 27, 2011
Defenses have fared better against JFF when they ease up on the pass rush and make him throw the ball from inside the pocket. We have a very talented OL (Jake Matthews and Luke Joeckel are both top-15 draft picks) that can keep the heat off of him and open up huge running lanes when the DL over-pursues him. Make him throw and he will make a few freshman mistakes like he did against LSU. I think the Ags come ready to play and put up a fight but in the end the Tide will just be too much to handle.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Might be a great idea to look at what LSU did to them. Chavis went to a three man line and it gave Johnny fubtol fits the rest of the game.
Do we play a three man line much in passing downs? I thought our nickel and dime packages utilized a four man front with a LB as a pass rusher.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
It is important that we not overreact. That is par for the CFB course.

Texas A&M has lost twice. They gave up 21 points to the Barn, a team that after their output Saturday averages 19 a game. LSUs anemic offense (Sat notwithstanding) got 24. The risk of a letdown is real for us but I think step one is to simply hit the guy a few times.
Looking at it this way, LSU did not play great against A&M, and still scored 24 points. (I don't think LSU likes 11am kickoffs). LSU played the game of their life against BAMA but only scored 17 points. As long as we don't have a serious hangover, we should be able to score enough. Oh yeah, and definitely pop him as often as possible. After he did the Cam Newton superman thing against State he went on my pop him often list. Krymsonman

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
There is plenty of precedence for beating Johnny. First thing, keep him on the bench. They may have good tape on us, from the LSU game. But we have great tape on them, from their 2 losses. I think our defense is a lot more like, and better than, LSU and Florida, than the teams they have beaten. And our offense has more talent than either of those teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.