Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Everybody watched the same game but walked away with differing opinions.

In general it is very common for people to witness the same event at the same time and walk away with totally opposite views and opinions. Such is the case for the Alabama/LSU game November 4th.

It seems if you talk to LSU fans after Saturday's game the opinion of many of their fans is "We're overrated", "Not the best team in the country" and "We got lucky".

But for me, I saw an LSU team who had two weeks to gameplan, two weeks to rest up and ten months to fester on the most embarrassing loss in school's history. LSU had the advantage of arguably the toughest place to play for a visiting team in college football in a night game at Tiger Stadium. They had a Tide team coming off playing two out of their last three games on the road. No two weeks to rest, gameplan, and heal any nagging injuries to key players.

I saw LSU put together their most complete and balanced offensive game of the entire season, had their quarterback play a game that more than likely he won't replicate again this season (possibly his career). Their coaching staff having their players mentally, emotionally and physically ready for this game. The crowd creating an extremely hostile environment.

Taking all of the above into consideration here's what I saw. I saw Bama come into their house, take LSU's best punches and get up and still have enough in them to deliver the deadliest right hand of the night. They (LSU fans) can cry "luck" all they want but this game didn't end on a freak bounce of the ball. This game wasn't decided on some bad call. This game was decided by LSU throwing everything they had at Bama and it still not being enough. I call that a true champion. The LSU fans can rub the "lucky" salve on their fight wounds all they want in order to make them feel better for their second consecutive loss to Bama in 2012. But in the end Bama proved to be championship caliber and more than worthy of their #1 ranking. For Bama to have what happened to them Saturday night in that venue and win in the manner they did is far from "lucky". Ultimately, we might not win the BCS National Title. It's tough to repeat. We've got some injuries mounting up with four consecutive games left to play with no bye week to rest or heal. But one things for sure. What I saw Saturday night at the vaunted Death Valley, where in the words of Les Miles "...is truly a place where opponents' dreams go to die." I witnessed a Bama team go in there and not succumb to an avalanche of obstacles and adversities. But find the focus, heart and drive to overcome and knock out a worthy opponent.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Re: Everybody watched the same game but walked away with differing opinions.

That's good. I think LSU got the luck part a fumble that shouldn't have been, a fumble on a punt return, they fumble but they all of a sudden call a penatly.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post. Bama struggled but man did they keep playing hard. I thought Lsu was going to win late, but made the comment Bama's D is still giving it all they have. The players proved they had a champion's heart.

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post....

I understand why LSU fans would say we got lucky BUT the polls agree with what you said. The voters know it was a great Bama win against difficult odds.

I must admit, I was very surprised we stayed the unanimous #1 in the polls. But it just shows you the national respect thrown at a Bama/LSU game right now. It's the best rivalry that matters in college football right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

You're exactly right. Opinions are going to always differ.

I saw LSU play the game of their life -- and give them complete credit for that. But the reality is (for me, at least), Bama led at the end of the second, third and fourth quarters. Even though Bama did not play it's best game and LSU did, there was the Tide driving towards an obvious TD that would have pushed the lead to 21-10 and likely out of reach -- and fumbled on the 10 yd line (through no doing of LSU, it was a bad handoff). LSU responded by scoring and taking the lead. They had two chances to tack on to that lead and couldn't --- once because Alabama STOPPED them on 4th and 1 and then when their kicker failed to connect (after our D stopped their drive). Is that luck? No, that's football. Bama responded by driving the ball down the field and down the Tigers throat to take the lead back. LSU then had another opportunity (Bama scored in less than a minute, no reason LSU couldn't do the same) and Bama ended it with a sack.

Excellent, excellent football game. No, Bama did not play particularly well; but they did WHAT they needed to WHEN they needed to. They held the lead for the majority of the game; and, most importantly, at the end of the game.
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

The good news is that after A&M we should get to rest some guys if we need to -- at least in the 2nd halves.....
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post

Taking all of the above into consideration here's what I saw. I saw Bama come into their house, take LSU's best punches and get up and still have enough in them to deliver the deadliest right hand of the night. They (LSU fans) can cry "luck" all they want but this game didn't end on a freak bounce of the ball. This game wasn't decided on some bad call. This game was decided by LSU throwing everything they had at Bama and it still not being enough. I call that a true champion.

What I saw Saturday night at the vaunted Death Valley, where in the words of Les Miles "...is truly a place where opponents' dreams go to die." I witnessed a Bama team go in there and not succumb to an avalanche of obstacles and adversities. But find the focus, heart and drive to overcome and knock out a worthy opponent.
    Excellent post BB...

I bolded the parts I think sums it up perfectly. It wasn't Bama's best game. All the breaks, even the head-scratcher/what-was-he-thinking?-Les-Miles'-plays, went LSU's way and didn't bite LSU when 99% of the time in any other game, it would have cost LSU immensely.
    Bama rose to the occasion and delivered the knock-out punch just in time.
    All plays matter until the clock stops.

The final 7 minutes of that game were amazing. Obviously the offense "won" the game for Bama with our oline & McCarron leading the way in the 1:34 drive, but Bama's defensive stop forcing LSU's long fg attempt, was HUGE, and the beginning of what turned out to be one of the most amazing finishes to any fb game I've ever seen.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

In general it is very common for people to witness the same event at the same time and walk away with totally opposite views and opinions. Such is the case for the Alabama/LSU game November 4th.

It seems if you talk to LSU fans after Saturday's game the opinion of many of their fans is "We're overrated", "Not the best team in the country" and "We got lucky".

But for me, I saw an LSU team who had two weeks to gameplan, two weeks to rest up and ten months to fester on the most embarrassing loss in school's history. LSU had the advantage of arguably the toughest place to play for a visiting team in college football in a night game at Tiger Stadium. They had a Tide team coming off playing two out of their last three games on the road. No two weeks to rest, gameplan, and heal any nagging injuries to key players.

I saw LSU put together their most complete and balanced offensive game of the entire season, had their quarterback play a game that more than likely he won't replicate again this season (possibly his career). Their coaching staff having their players mentally, emotionally and physically ready for this game. The crowd creating an extremely hostile environment.

Taking all of the above into consideration here's what I saw. I saw Bama come into their house, take LSU's best punches and get up and still have enough in them to deliver the deadliest right hand of the night. They (LSU fans) can cry "luck" all they want but this game didn't end on a freak bounce of the ball. This game wasn't decided on some bad call. This game was decided by LSU throwing everything they had at Bama and it still not being enough. I call that a true champion. The LSU fans can rub the "lucky" salve on their fight wounds all they want in order to make them feel better for their second consecutive loss to Bama in 2012. But in the end Bama proved to be championship caliber and more than worthy of their #1 ranking. For Bama to have what happened to them Saturday night in that venue and win in the manner they did is far from "lucky". Ultimately, we might not win the BCS National Title. It's tough to repeat. We've got some injuries mounting up with four consecutive games left to play with no bye week to rest or heal. But one things for sure. What I saw Saturday night at the vaunted Death Valley, where in the words of Les Miles "...is truly a place where opponents' dreams go to die." I witnessed a Bama team go in there and not succumb to an avalanche of obstacles and adversities. But find the focus, heart and drive to overcome and knock out a worthy opponent.
    Very well said Bamabuzzard!

We Bama fans are spoiled and thankfully so. We expect every play, offensively and defensively, to be perfectly executed and all of our drives to end in a touchdown. The reality is neither we nor our team will ever be perfect. The coaching staff will analyze the game film and every mistake will be examined and corrections made. The LSU game was a classic battle of wills between two powerhouse programs and in the end the best team won. The quiet calmness shown by CNS and AJ & company in that final drive speaks volumes. This team is special.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Asleep on TideFans.com

Post of the Year to this Point^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yep, it was interesting listening to 790 The Zone this morning. Can't remember which guy said "Now we know powerful Alabama is beatable, NFL Alabama is vulnerable, UGA is feeling really good now, little 'ole no-offense LSU dominates Alabama, Alabama makes Mettenberger a big name QB, etc..."

Then Nick Cellini interrupts with the voice of reason stating Alabama just went into LSU at night and pulled out a huge game. He then went on about the stats of playing at night, Miles and his trickery, etc... Obviously I side with Nick on this one. I could complain about 100 things, but with the magnitude of what our guys were facing (especially in 2nd half) I just sit in awe of how they came together, came together as a TEAM. So many names I could bring up, but this really was a TEAM effort from the sideline to the where the ball was spotted. Just incredible!

Post Thanks / Like

Bama played its worst game of the year. 2 unforced turnovers. Poor play by DBs. AJ was off for 58 1/2 minutes. Poor play calling (2nd & 3 and you pass twice with RBs that had averaged 7 yards a carry?).

Bama still won.

Post Thanks / Like

I 2nd the nomination for post of the year...RTR!!

Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant - "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself."

Thomas Jefferson - "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Blah on TideFans.com

my opinion, and Tim Brando this is for you, Bama did play their worst game of the year. two unforced fumbles, atypical. they got away from running the football, although they were effective doing so. I think if they would have stayed with the running game, the result would have been much different. The game plan was flawed, I think they relied to much on notes from the BCSCG, and the players were not focused mentally. AJ had his worse game of the year, until the end. LSU played their best game of the year. LSU fans complain miles lost the game, but His aggressiveness allowed them to be close. you can't have one without the other. Hopefully, that was a wakeup call for Bama to re focus for the rest of the season.
    to 16 and beyond........