Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Re: Everybody watched the same game but walked away with differing opinions.

I think it's an example of why winning championships is so hard. So rare. There are so many undefeated teams this time of year but it seems by the end their are only two or sometimes none. It seems every team no matter how talented is going to lay and egg somewhere. When that happens they are gong to have to dig deep and win it in the end. The 2009 squad had several moments, They had to block a field goal against Tennessee, they had to just take a hammer to South Carolina and they had to come from behind against Auburn. Oddly enough the 2011 team's only real test was the regular season game against LSU. They really outplayed them but lost anyway, aside from that they pretty much wiped the floor with the rest. I guess for them the test was having faith that there was a reason to keep on fighting even though at the time it seemed their season was at a dead end.
    BS 1989

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC happytidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Wasn't Alabama in the same situation as LSU last year? I'd say Alabama had a larger mountain to climb than LSU did last year coming into T-Town. Yet all of that is dismissed by them when they are on the losing end. How convenient.
    Right on the money. Mirror image, but different outcomes. Hello....if you're on the losing end, it stings no matter what! Roll Tide!
    nita - Roll Tide Roll!

BamaNation First Team

Out of everything that's been said and heard, only two things that really matters the most.

1. Our defense is not as good as last year's, but they are one of the most resilient and has the never-quit attitude. These guys fought for the entire 60 minutes while playing almost two games worth of snaps.

2. I know AJ didn't have a good game, but he proved that he can be trusted with running this offense. Remember that 14 of our 17 points came off of two minute drives. That was all AJ running the offense, not our OC.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by markenk View Post
    Out of everything that's been said and heard, only two things that really matters the most.

1. Our defense is not as good as last year's, but they are one of the most resilient and has the never-quit attitude. These guys fought for the entire 60 minutes while playing almost two games worth of snaps.

2. I know AJ didn't have a good game, but he proved that he can be trusted with running this offense. Remember that 14 of our 17 points came off of two minute drives. That was all AJ running the offense, not our OC.
    I agree on all points. This is a different defense that doesn't have the same level of talent in certain areas. But it is still a top five defense in the country. No one should ever complain about that.

AJ is the real deal. No doubt. When it mattered the most he was at his best. That's what great leaders do. Play at their best when the pressure is at its highest.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think what a lot of people forget is LSU is a Very good team.

Im just glad we came out of that place with a Win most teams don't.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Bama played at best an average game. As CNS said in his PC most of the adversity we faced was our own doing. If AJ hits that long pass, or he and TJ don't mishandle that hand-off, IMO we go into the fourth quarter up 28-10 and it's a whole different ballgame. So just as we were "lucky" to win, LSU was "lucky" they weren't blown out.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    I think what a lot of people forget is LSU is a Very good team.

Im just glad we came out of that place with a Win most teams don't.

Yep. They are a very good team. I think if the LSU fans want to be upset about something. Rather than getting upset at how "lucky" Bama was and feeling "robbed". They ought to be upset at how god awful their offense has looked for the first eight games compared to what they saw Saturday night. How they performed Saturday night compared to the entire season is an indictment on the coaching staff. How can it be that a team have that much talent on offense and can only perform that way 1 time out of nine tries? That is what's mind boggling. That is what (IMO) they need to be more upset about.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; November 5th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

I think calling it a "Garcia moment" is the most telling. I started to get a bad feeling leading up to the game and it was a combination of things.

One aspect was how much it reminded me of the South Carolina game in 2010. Alabama coming off a NC, a well coached team on the other side of the field, a road game in the midst of a tough stretch, and most importantly a bye week. There are not many SEC programs that you can give an extra week to, and not end up playing a tough game. These are high paid coaching staffs and programs full of top recruits. The LSU game had an added element to it, since they had a night game (which is out of Alabama's element) and the revenge factor. As we now know, Kyle had a Garcia like game, which was completely out of character for him.

There is a little more to it though. Michigan got blown out by Nebraska, Arkansas got blown out by Texas A&M, Miss. St. got blown out by Texas A&M, etc... Several of Alabama's better looking wins didn't look so good coming into the LSU game. There were and are some untested aspects. I felt like the LSU game and the A&M game would be great measuring sticks. LSU is as physical an opponent as Alabama will play, and Texas A&M is one of the highest scoring offenses. Alabama passed the LSU test, but barely. A lot of people are forgetting the turnovers though, both of those really changed things. If Alabama doesn't fumble the ball, they might have put the game on ice. The turnovers took away Alabama's margin of error, I still feel like they were the better team.

The A&M game will be a different test, the closest we have some this far would be the Ole Miss game. I find a lot more logical reasons for Alabama to do better. It's at home, A&M doesn't have a bye, and Florida and LSU beat them. But, this is still a very dangerous game. I think we'll know of this team can beat Oregon after this game. If there are some other unexposed weaknesses in the defense, well... we might not have to worry about Oregon.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    This is what I was trying to find. I couldn't comment at work, but...

What I saw was a Bama team play its worst game of the season by far, at the worst possible moment, in the worst possible place and still won. It wasn't enough that the vast majority of the 93,000+ fans was on their side or the revenge factor or Saban hatred. All those yards weren't enough. We weren't exposed as much as some want to think. LSU had all the time in the world for preparation and rest and it wasn't enough. So let think think the same thing will happen twice, and watch them get burned!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Oh yes sir I am. I had to come out with guns-uh-blazin' Sunday morning after the game. The excuse makers were out in full force in Shreveport, LA.
    Get the NW corner of the boot tied down, BB. I'll be back home to tie down the SW corner by Wednesday. Banjeaux and Cajun can rassle the toe part...
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Oh yes sir I am. I had to come out with guns-uh-blazin' Sunday morning after the game. The excuse makers were out in full force in Shreveport, LA.
    You have my sympathy. And support. (Goes without saying.)
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Yep. They are a very good team. I think if the LSU fans want to be upset about something. Rather than getting upset at how "lucky" Bama was and feeling "robbed". They ought to be upset at how god awful their offense has looked for the first eight games compared to what they saw Saturday night. How they performed Saturday night compared to the entire season is an indictment on the coaching staff. How can it be that a team have that much talent on offense and can only perform that way 1 time out of nine tries? That is what's mind boggling. That is what (IMO) they need to be more upset about.
    A lot of it, IMO, is due to the fact that, seemingly, the who's have succeeded in making this contest the most appealing rivalry in the SEC, if not the country. The thought makes me ill, because I can never ever lose my gag-at-orange reflex; but, they have done it, and they have done it by building a team that can play with Bama. And beating Bama is absolutely positively all they care about...sound familiar?
    Remember Miles at OSU? He was able to beat the sooners a few times when very few other teams could...but those sooner-beating teams would always lose several games a year. I don't think he is able to instill a "one game at a time" mentality in the team, because he doesn't have one, and he's just too friggin goofy to act like he does. JMO

BamaNation First Team BornABamaFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

LSU had: Nothing to lose, a mindset of psycho revenge, a complete state's pride on the line, a home steak of 22 straight wins, a stolen national championship(in their minds anyway), a stolen coach (in their minds anyway), and the largest crowd to ever witness a football game in the state of Louisiana (hmmm... wonder if they wanted Bama), and a team that played every bit as well as their fans could have dreamed, and a Bama team that played no where close to perfect......... The UNITED STATES
    Last edited by BornABamaFan; November 5th, 2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: NOT FINISHED