Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

I was talking about this earlier this morning. I think the players had enough anxiety and pressure on them without him blowing up on them. Coach realized that if he was screaming and going crazy it could've added to the sense of desperation that the players were always feeling.

In most games where he has the calm pregame demeanor we seem to win 09 SEC champ, 11 BCS Champ. In last years regular season game against LSU he was constantly blowing up and maybe he realized that it wasn't helpful.

When we are blowing teams out it is only the fear of Saban yelling at the players that can keep them motivated. In this game there just wasn't a need for it. Great job by Coach.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Your post clearly said that LSU was the superior team, but I think, hope, that you meant that LSU was playing superior at the moment. I don't believe you are a troll.
    We were the slightly superior team in the first half and LSU was far superior in the second half, except for the last minute and a half. Just because they kicked our tail for ALMOST an entire half does not mean they are the better team.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post
    Of course Im not a troll. Clearly LSU were making far less critical errors and certainly turnovers during the game but as Coach Nick said when it counted the most, we overcame great adversity to win the game. A hallmark of a championship team.
    If you are not, sincere apologies. However, someone joining the board just a couple of months ago with a very small number of posts claiming that our coach was clearly observing us get beat by a better team physically and mentally kind of screams 'troll.' Especially when you add that we were just getting beat by a superior team and not due to any mental errors. Which is just not true.

If not a troll, hopefully you can see how your post certainly sounds like it comes from one. Kindly forgive my cynicism.
    RTR

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We used to have a picture of 'a can of TROLL SPRAY'.
    (I had it saved, but when my computer went down it got away.)
    We may have to rely on a industrial disinfectant, to get the ones hiding under the bridge...
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; November 5th, 2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: format

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In tight games the players always look to their coach and often times take on the personality of them at that time. We were playing in a very hostile environment in a tight game. Had he been going nuts all night, I don't think we score at the end of the game. JMO RTR

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post
    Of course Im not a troll.
    CNS was observing his team get beat in the second half by a better team.... we were just getting beat by a superior team

I disagree with your assessment. Both.

============================

Our ypc proves they never really shut down our running game. AJ just seemed off on his throws. I've never seen AJ miss a wide open Cooper for a TD like he did in the 1st half. If we had never called a pass play in the 2nd half we may have won going away.

LSU couldn't find a way to stop our running game but we chose to keep the offense balanced.

It's a credit to our team that when the game was on the line the defense got the stop, the coaches managed the clock and the offense marched down the field for the winning touchdown showing the poise and confidence of a superior team.

LSU got the ball back with as much time as it took us to score but looked lost and unprepared.
    Last edited by IMALOYAL1; November 5th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.

Even in his calmest, most serene moments, Coach Saban will not be confused with Mark Richt.

I usually complain about how CNS uses or doesn't use timeouts. But in this game he did a great job and did not let his emotions overcome him until after the game. RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

"Far" superior teams do NOT let another team march down the field in 40 seconds and lose the game....

"Far" superior teams MARCH down the field in 40 seconds to win the game.......

I'm just sayin
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    I usually complain about how CNS uses or doesn't use timeouts. But in this game he did a great job and did not let his emotions overcome him until after the game. RTR
    If you've watched Saban for the past few years -- he's at his calmest when we are facing adversity -- he's flips out usually when we are ahead ......
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    If you've watched Saban for the past few years -- he's at his calmest when we are facing adversity -- he's flips out usually when we are ahead ......
    You've got a point (ala Geno Smith last week, AJ Miss. State 2010)!

I just don't second guess coach CNS, I felt deep down we would hang tough and beat LSU mainly because we have CNS. BTW a UT fan talking about a coach looking lost when they have Dooley is LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed as much already. Glad you made a thread about it!

IMO, (you touched on it), I think he understood what was happening was some what "out of his hands" and that "blowing a fuse" would send the wrong message to the Bama players/bench.

It was obvious that LSU was having a lights out night and the we where struggling. I think he knew that a calmer approach would be the example the team needed to find a way to win. He didn't panic and neither did the team!

FWIW, his time management was spot on in the last 3-4 minutes of the game as he used his TO's too give us the time for a last minute drive.
    I was thinking the same thing after the game and really thought about it while he was calling the TO's. The PLAN and PROCESS were all at work. When he was calling those TO's I felt we still had a good chance.

I've always felt that I would possibly CROAK while watching a Bama game on TV. It doesn't affect me as much when I'm in the stadium, but the hype/build up of the game and what happened on Saturday night with less than two minutes left, has to be the closest so far.

Coach, I need an easy win this week. So, Bama take care of those Aggies! Give my heart a break this week and don't break my heart.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry