Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 72
  1. #40
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga, USA
    Posts
    15,756

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Bama By Birth View Post


    I never would have thought I would see this! He was a different coach Saturday night for some reason.
    he's telling AJ, "see, i told you that spanking was for your own good"
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

    -Bertrand Russell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

    Thomas Pynchon

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    7,433
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    he's telling AJ, "see, i told you that spanking was for your own good"
    All's well that ends well!


  4. #42
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    888

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    To be fair, guys, he was getting called a troll awfully quick. His phrasing may not have been ideal, but we were getting manhandled on the line a bit, so I would consider his point valid. I agree with the general consensus that CNS was choosing to remain calm for the team's benefit, but it doesn't change the fact that they flat-out outplayed us for huge chunks of the game. Asking what it was about is a legitimate question.

    Bottom line: Yeah, he should have handled the name-calling a touch better, but it's pretty frustrating to be called a liar and... god forbid... a barner or whoser just because you have a not-so-flattering impression of our performance. Lay off the newbies a bit. If you want this to stay the best sports board on the internet, you have to accept a little criticism of your team every now and then. If someone keeps making inflammatory comments, I have every reason to believe the mods will take care of it. If you disagree, disagree, but don't call people a troll the first time they say we didn't have an A+ game.

  5. #43
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    19,036
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    To be fair, guys, he was getting called a troll awfully quick. His phrasing may not have been ideal, but we were getting manhandled on the line a bit, so I would consider his point valid. I agree with the general consensus that CNS was choosing to remain calm for the team's benefit, but it doesn't change the fact that they flat-out outplayed us for huge chunks of the game. Asking what it was about is a legitimate question.

    Bottom line: Yeah, he should have handled the name-calling a touch better, but it's pretty frustrating to be called a liar and... god forbid... a barner or whoser just because you have a not-so-flattering impression of our performance. Lay off the newbies a bit. If you want this to stay the best sports board on the internet, you have to accept a little criticism of your team every now and then. If someone keeps making inflammatory comments, I have every reason to believe the mods will take care of it. If you disagree, disagree, but don't call people a troll the first time they say we didn't have an A+ game.
    I was with him all the way up 'til he quit asking "what it was about" and began stating that it was because LSU "clearly" was the "better" and "superior" team both mentally and physically. Now maybe some misinterpreted exactly what he meant by that but it more than likely came across that Alabama was simply getting beat by a team that was just better. By which I'd have to disagree. But I am biased and it maybe that he is to...
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  6. #44
    BamaNation All-SEC Craxycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,434
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    I think Coach was in a zone, or he was 'resigned' to this football team making or breaking themselves. That IMO is a good example of a good coach. He knew what we were capable of, and he also knew that their wasn't anything he could accomplish by blowing up. I know that I got quiet during the game too even without these kids burden being mine to solve. I felt (not putting thoughts or words in Saban's mouth...he would maim me) that we would win the game, then I went into a 'man LSU is stupid to show up NOW instead of working all frellin' year, just like USCe, then I went into my 'eh we got this.' I went onto the same Mode during the TN game in '09 too.

    With the massive amounts of emotions he probably felt in the span of the game I'll go out on a limb to say it is better to give the players dibs on losing it, crying, worrying, or anything else that might come down.

  7. #45
    BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,424
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    Here's the way I see it:

    When Saban sees a mental error in games that have already been decided (a blowout), he yells and coaches a need for the players to pay better attention. This is mainly due to the fact that the players probably aren't under as much stress, so they start to become complacent in a game and stop paying as close attention. He's basically telling them over and over to finish.

    When the game is close like it was on Saturday, Saban stays calm, cool, and collected. He has preached to the team the whole season about finishing the game, and in a situation like that, they start to realize why. He knows that the players are already under huge amounts of stress, and yelling at them is only going to make them more nervous. At that point in a game, no amount of yelling is going to fix the situation...it's time for the players to step up, and they did on Saturday.
    Last edited by RollTideMang; November 5th, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

  8. #46
    BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,131
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post
    I know I'm not the only one who saw our legendary Coach's demeanor on the sideline during the LSU game. My buddy said CNS looked "lost" in the second half, (he is a Tennessee fan). I said to him what you were looking at was a coach well in control. He doesnt have to be stark raving mad to be the coach everyone expects. Clearly, CNS was observing his team get beat in the second half by a better team, physically and mentally. We werent getting beat due to real mental errors we were just getting beat by a superior team and he was clapping and encouraging our kids to keep fighting. Indeed, Coach Nick is the best college coach in the nation. I hope he dies a very old man at The Capstone. ROLL TIDE!
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    sniff! sniff! -- is that fish? or troll I smell?

    you have a friend who is a Tennessee fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    Coughcough...troll...coughcough.

    Nothing could be further from the truth. Jones fumble on the punt return? Mental error. Yeldon's fumble on the 10? Mental error by AJ in trying to sell the fake reverse ahead of making sure of a sound hand-off. Better team physically and mentally?? When the chips were down, Bama drove down the field and scored in less than a minute to regain the lead. Then the Tide D stomped out any hope of LSU doing the same with a game ending sack.
    Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post
    Of course Im not a troll. Clearly LSU were making far less critical errors and certainly turnovers during the game but as Coach Nick said when it counted the most, we overcame great adversity to win the game. A hallmark of a championship team.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    To be fair, guys, he was getting called a troll awfully quick. His phrasing may not have been ideal, but we were getting manhandled on the line a bit, so I would consider his point valid. I agree with the general consensus that CNS was choosing to remain calm for the team's benefit, but it doesn't change the fact that they flat-out outplayed us for huge chunks of the game. Asking what it was about is a legitimate question.

    Bottom line: Yeah, he should have handled the name-calling a touch better, but it's pretty frustrating to be called a liar and... god forbid... a barner or whoser just because you have a not-so-flattering impression of our performance. Lay off the newbies a bit. If you want this to stay the best sports board on the internet, you have to accept a little criticism of your team every now and then. If someone keeps making inflammatory comments, I have every reason to believe the mods will take care of it. If you disagree, disagree, but don't call people a troll the first time they say we didn't have an A+ game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I was with him all the way up 'til he quit asking "what it was about" and began stating that it was because LSU "clearly" was the "better" and "superior" team both mentally and physically. Now maybe some misinterpreted exactly what he meant by that but it more than likely came across that Alabama was simply getting beat by a team that was just better. By which I'd have to disagree. But I am biased and it maybe that he is to...
    Lay off the newbies??? Who else we gonna bully, huh?

    Okay, I researched TideHiFlyer from A. A. Reckon what A. A. stands for? Hmm ... Why I'm even suspicious of the meaning of his user name. Seebell will testify, "It is easier to sneak daylight passed a rooster, than to b.s. banjeaux."

    His 1st post concerned time of previous Iron Bowls, to determine likelihood of being an afternoon game. He wanted to be able to make it a round trip same day. To me this is not a question that a true Bama fan would ask. A real Bama fan would sleep in the car or share driving to attend this Iron Bowl, so he could participate in singing Rammer Jammer at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

    My judgement: TROLL! Carry on with usual punishment. Yes, water-boarding is appropriate.
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

  9. #47
    BamaNation First Team BornABamaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brandon,MS
    Posts
    274
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    I was glad to see Coach Saban staying (or at least looking calm). Last year I thought he made A.J. extremely tight in the game against LSU because of his outburst, and I previously thought he made our WHOLE team tight against Auburn after Ingram fumbled heading in for a TD, though we were winning the game handily. Having said that, I've watched the game now 3 times and my take on the game was: A) When we were down early, we DID play with a sense of urgency and as we know--scored fairly quick. B) At the end of the half as time was running down, once again we HAD to play with a sense of urgency if we wanted to score before half, and as we know--again scored fairly quick. C) During the time (When I THOUGHT the beatdown was going to begin-YES I was wrong), we played with no sense of urgency and true we didn't have to--At this point I truly thought our attitdude was gonna be--Let's not just win , but lets see how bad we can beat them in Baton Rouge. and D)Obviously at the end there was a sense of urgency as there was no other option---and one again we scored quickly. When we had to have results, WE GOT RESULTS EVERY TIME............
    Personally, I felt like we still FELT like we had so much to prove because of the situation from last year, let's face it-- I never had one LSU fan here in MS admit that we were the best team a year ago. For LSU this game was still a continuation of a match not really completed, but now it has: VICTORY Alabama 6-7,6-0,7-5!!! and yes I may even watch(the third set) a 4th time!

  10. #48
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    4,449
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    I think we have the Smartest Coach alive to teach college kids.

    This team is playing much better than the 09 team IMO with all the Great Freshman players showing just so much maturity.

    I do hope we can find a way to keep the foot on the throat of our opponents.

    Any way that was some Great Football this weekend

  11. #49
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    44,118

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by tidefan39817 View Post
    has anybody with a post count above 2 on here ever refered to Coach Saban as Coach Nick?? unless your trolling ofcourse...
    Your post brings up an interesting point. LSU fans continually referred to CNS as "Nick." On this board, nor any other, have I ever seen a Bama fan refer to him as anything other than "Coach Saban," "Saban," "CNS," or just "Coach." Not.one.Bama.fan.ever. Think about it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  12. #50
    BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rainsville Al
    Posts
    3,717
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Your post brings up an interesting point. LSU fans continually referred to CNS as "Nick." On this board, nor any other, have I ever seen a Bama fan refer to him as anything other than "Coach Saban," "Saban," "CNS," or just "Coach." Not.one.Bama.fan.ever. Think about it...

    I agree.

    One other thing I would like to point out about him is his Avatar. I loved watching Charlie brown growing up and snoopy was one of my favorites. Snoopy sometimes became the red barron on top of his doghouse and flew behind enemy lines for a dog fight on his doghouse (ala wwI). Think he might be saying something with that avatar....
    Last edited by BamaDMD; November 5th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.

  13. #51
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    20,381
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post
    I know I'm not the only one who saw our legendary Coach's demeanor on the sideline during the LSU game. My buddy said CNS looked "lost" in the second half, (he is a Tennessee fan). I said to him what you were looking at was a coach well in control. He doesnt have to be stark raving mad to be the coach everyone expects. Clearly, CNS was observing his team get beat in the second half by a better team, physically and mentally. We werent getting beat due to real mental errors we were just getting beat by a superior team and he was clapping and encouraging our kids to keep fighting. Indeed, Coach Nick is the best college coach in the nation. I hope he dies a very old man at The Capstone. ROLL TIDE!
    That's the only part I disagree. They were outplaying us but being superior means much more. They made some plays we made in the BCSCG. Mettenburg just got hot. We still were able to get them in to third and long. The defense rose up when the game was on the line twice. They were tired, but showed grit and got done what needed to be done. We weren't only outplayed, but we cause a lot of our own mistakes as well. I've never seen so many missed tackles!!
    ROLL TIDE!

  14. #52
    BamaNation Second Team chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    103

    Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

    When the game started, my wife said Coach looked sick. Said his color didn't look good. I really think he was sick.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!