Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Re: No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

Also a 'VERY WELL RESTED TEAM'..........

'This Is Crimson Tide Football'
    Where The A Says It All!

ROLL~TIDE~ROLL
    This Above All: To thine own self be TRUE!
    [William Shakespeare - (Hamlet)]

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan39817 View Post
    Pay Action....so what are you saying...
    I am busted as an Auburn troll?

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    I am busted as an Auburn troll?
    Your previous 6,600 posts were misdirection and facade building then?

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I'm sure this has been pointed out already, but there is a time for tough response to a breakdown in a scheme. I didn't actually watch the game, and have not got around to watching it yet. Was at a high school band competition up in Gordo that evening, so only got reports from people with radios. Listened to Eli and company during second half on the way home. It sounded like Lsu was just making plays. This was the number five team in the country and one of the toughest environments to be having to play on a Saturday night. Saban probably was well aware that our safety's were being put in bad matchups, and screaming at them was not what was needed at that time. Nobody, not even Miles could have saw that performance coming from the Mett, otherwise he might have dialed back the drastic chances he took trying to keep Alabama from getting a foot on their neck. The kids were playing hard, and the outcome on the field was in doubt, not due to anything other than hardnose football and its swings of momentum that you see in such a game. He was being the good coach and in tough moments, he was providing steady hand on the wheel that a group of young athletes needed. Just a excellent coach realizing what his team at those critical moments would respond to. And I would say they answered the bell.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I don't know what you're supposed to look like on the sideline when your team isn't executing like they had in the previous games. I try to wear a dress shirt, tie and slacks. Usually with a cool tie bar or tie tag. I do wear Rockports instead of regular dress shoes because they are more comfortable.

Sometimes you keep looking for answers in your head, but then you realize that you've tried everything that your team has practiced with the previous week. Then you think, "Maybe I can have my kicker try to run the ball 25 yards for a first down" and you realize that you don't have your running back kicking the ball and you haven't practiced that so it would be something useless to try to do. What are you supposed to look like?
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation First Team BamaFanatJSU's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    Sometimes you keep looking for answers in your head...
    Or, if you're Les, under your hat.

What I can't seem to figure out in terms of the OP is this: do superior teams pass up two FG opportunities in a tight game and replace them with the worst fake I've ever seen and a poorly executed Wildcat play under center? What about the onside kick? In my mind, superior teams execute when the game is on the line, which is exactly what one team did when needing to go the length of the field in 1:30 in the fourth quarter FTW.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanatJSU View Post
    Or, if you're Les, under your hat.

What I can't seem to figure out in terms of the OP is this: do superior teams pass up two FG opportunities in a tight game and replace them with the worst fake I've ever seen and a poorly executed Wildcat play under center? What about the onside kick? In my mind, superior teams execute when the game is on the line, which is exactly what one team did when needing to go the length of the field in 1:30 in the fourth quarter FTW.
    I did think it was funny that Les told Tracey Wolfson that he, "Should've kept that fake field goal under his hat!" LMBO when he said that!

Two plays basically contributed to beating LSU and they were both screens. Primarily, every blitz for both teams got burned. They are "high risk/high reward". It's just like like Pressing in basketball.
    Last edited by Ldlane; November 6th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant