No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I usually complain about how CNS uses or doesn't use timeouts. But in this game he did a great job and did not let his emotions overcome him until after the game. RTR

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
"Far" superior teams do NOT let another team march down the field in 40 seconds and lose the game....

"Far" superior teams MARCH down the field in 40 seconds to win the game.......

I'm just sayin :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I usually complain about how CNS uses or doesn't use timeouts. But in this game he did a great job and did not let his emotions overcome him until after the game. RTR
If you've watched Saban for the past few years -- he's at his calmest when we are facing adversity -- he's flips out usually when we are ahead ......

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
I just don't second guess coach CNS, I felt deep down we would hang tough and beat LSU mainly because we have CNS. BTW a UT fan talking about a coach looking lost when they have Dooley is LOL.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed as much already. Glad you made a thread about it!

IMO, (you touched on it), I think he understood what was happening was some what "out of his hands" and that "blowing a fuse" would send the wrong message to the Bama players/bench.

It was obvious that LSU was having a lights out night and the we where struggling. I think he knew that a calmer approach would be the example the team needed to find a way to win. He didn't panic and neither did the team!

FWIW, his time management was spot on in the last 3-4 minutes of the game as he used his TO's too give us the time for a last minute drive.
I was thinking the same thing after the game and really thought about it while he was calling the TO's. The PLAN and PROCESS were all at work. When he was calling those TO's I felt we still had a good chance.

I've always felt that I would possibly CROAK while watching a Bama game on TV. It doesn't affect me as much when I'm in the stadium, but the hype/build up of the game and what happened on Saturday night with less than two minutes left, has to be the closest so far.:eek:

Coach, I need an easy win this week. So, Bama take care of those Aggies! Give my heart a break this week and don't break my heart.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I think any difference Coach Saban or the players' demeanor was indicative of how much this game meant to them. AJ's tears certainly showed how much the win meant to him. Nothing wrong with tears of joy and relief after such high pressure in coming from behind.
LSU played better in most the game Saturday night but the better team won.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Wow, make a comment about a team being superior or better than us in one stinkin half and our coaches positive response to the adversity and you get called a troll. Nice. Im done posting here. See ya.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I know I'm not the only one who saw our legendary Coach's demeanor on the sideline during the LSU game. My buddy said CNS looked "lost" in the second half, (he is a Tennessee fan). I said to him what you were looking at was a coach well in control. He doesnt have to be stark raving mad to be the coach everyone expects. Clearly, CNS was observing his team get beat in the second half by a better team, physically and mentally. We werent getting beat due to real mental errors we were just getting beat by a superior team and he was clapping and encouraging our kids to keep fighting. Indeed, Coach Nick is the best college coach in the nation. I hope he dies a very old man at The Capstone. ROLL TIDE!
Better team than us? I wouldn't take it that far. But taking the positive approach to keep our YOUNGER team encouraged is what I saw

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
Of course Im not a troll. Clearly LSU were making far less critical errors and certainly turnovers during the game but as Coach Nick said when it counted the most, we overcame great adversity to win the game. A hallmark of a championship team.
has anybody with a post count above 2 on here ever refered to Coach Saban as Coach Nick?? unless your trolling ofcourse...

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Wow, make a comment about a team being superior or better than us in one stinkin half and our coaches positive response to the adversity and you get called a troll. Nice. Im done posting here. See ya.
Wow, get called a troll and then make a post about how you are not going to ever post here again. I'm done with this thread. See ya.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I never would have thought I would see this! He was a different coach Saturday night for some reason.
I doubt coach will bond with another QB like with A.J who came in at the perfect time to be part of the first teams that were 100% coach Saban during very exciting times. They visit hospitals together and probably have a lot more in common than coach Saban did with JPW or GMAC.

Last edited:

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Wow, get called a troll and then make a post about how you are not going to ever post here again. I'm done with this thread. See ya.
Wow, read someone's post about him getting called a troll and never posting here again, and then deciding you're not posting in this thread ever again. I'm done with this conversation. See ya.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.