Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team BamaAlum97's Avatar
    Who cares is Gary or Verne got a little excited when TJ scored? It was a very exciting play and an unbelievable finish to the game. Alabama needed a miracle finish and got one...

No matter which side you were on or even if you were neutral, if you are a football fan, you are going to react to seeing a game changing play like that...
    Twitter: @BamaAlum97

The University of Alabama: Class of 1997
    Oklahoma State University: Class of 2005

There is a fine line between being a "die-hard" fan and just another critic!

2. Advertisement

Re: Gary Danielson uncontrolable outburst with the game winning TD? LSU fans think so

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Uh huh. And that scream in Love Rollercoaster is someone being murdered.
    Change: I remember that and believed it.........I think I was 9. About the same time of the little Johnny jokes.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; November 5th, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Re: Gary Danielson uncontrolable outburst with the game winning TD? LSU fans think so

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    Well, I here Verne yelling "touchdown ALABAMA!!", and a little side noise but I don't hear Gary. Gary does say a few seconds later "he delivered" in talking about AJ. Bobby Hebert was already kicked out of the press box, but he was probably yelling outside. Krymsonman
    if you listen closely you can hear someone squealing in the background right after Verne yells "touchdown." That's what they are talking about. Their assertion is that the squeal is GD. Obviously, the press box is packed with journalists and others. Who knows where it came from, obviously a Bama fan.

BamaNation First Team

The thing I noticed, is when other teams score, it's "Touchdown Landry", or whoever. When it's us, it's Touchdown ALABAMA!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrollTide View Post
    The thing I noticed, is when other teams score, it's "Touchdown Landry", or whoever. When it's us, it's Touchdown ALABAMA!!
    I believe people like to say Alabama and Bama....it's easy to say and has a lot of umph, plus it's historic. Keith Jackson was always great with his baritone Touchdown Alabama. And Brent Musburger is good with his inspired Touchdown Bama!

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    I believe people like to say Alabama and Bama....it's easy to say and has a lot of umph, plus it's historic. Keith Jackson was always great with his baritone Touchdown Alabama. And Brent Musburger is good with his inspired Touchdown Bama!
    And Keith Jackson's, "No, sir!" on 4th & goal vs. Penn St in 79 Sugar Bowl was seen as biased in our favor.

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post

I agree, but you got to say AL-A-Bama for Keith Jackson. He stressed the three syllables.

What's great about that play is it would have gone 100 yards if we had needed it - Yeldon wasn't getting caught...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com
    What does the PA announcer say when LSU scores a TD? I was watching the replay and I'm trying to figure that out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce014 View Post
    And Keith Jackson's, "No, sir!" on 4th & goal vs. Penn St in 79 Sugar Bowl was seen as biased in our favor.
    That's a good example of non biased, love of the game commentary that describes and maybe adds to the color of the event, which is what they do are supposed to do.

The ones that are biased do things like push imaginary momentum for one team or are sympathetic towards one side. Keith Jackson never did any of that.

Just reading the posts here is getting me all excited again!
    I am still shaking my head every time I think about the last 2 and 1/2 minutes of the game. Unbelievable.
    Roll Tide! Roll!
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment."-Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    What's great about that play is it would have gone 100 yards if we had needed it - Yeldon wasn't getting caught...
    yeldon is absolutely amazing when he has space in front of him. i knew as soon as he caught that ball that he was end zone bound. he is about as smooth and fluid a runner as i have seen in a long time.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8hope View Post
    Just reading the posts here is getting me all excited again!
    I am still shaking my head every time I think about the last 2 and 1/2 minutes of the game. Unbelievable.
    Roll Tide! Roll!
    It's was a good opportunity for me to upload and post the touchdown

When looking at the Yeldon run, your average receiver or back would not have scored. Besides being in perfect position at all times to avoid three near tackles his not losing forward speed with the catch enabled it all, and that took God given talent. AJ placed the ball perfectly to enable him to do this or he would have gone down at the 25.

I went back to watch some games from 2002 through Shula and I saw receivers and backs make catches and runs where they would have easily scored today, but they just didn't have the athletic abilities of what we have now. Our former all time leading receiver would be 3rd string with this bunch.