Link: Gary Danielson uncontrolable outburst with the game winning TD? LSU fans think so. :)

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
LSU fans believe Gary Danielson true self came out as TJ crossed the goal line. He was not in front of the mic, but the uncontrollable joy still came through they say. You be the judge if it was Gary or not :)

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
To me it is similar to the Eli call where you can clearly tell there a bunch of people in the background yelling. I'm surprised Verne didn't choke on the hot dog he was certainly eating.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
LSU fans believe Gary Danielson true self came out as TJ crossed the goal line. He was not in front of the mic, but the uncontrollable joy still came through they say. You be the judge if it was Gary or not :)
Uh huh. And that scream in Love Rollercoaster is someone being murdered.:rolleyes:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, I here Verne yelling "touchdown ALABAMA!!", and a little side noise but I don't hear Gary. Gary does say a few seconds later "he delivered" in talking about AJ. Bobby Hebert was already kicked out of the press box, but he was probably yelling outside. Krymsonman

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Just more proof that every fanbase thinks every TV announcer hates their football team.
The refs cheat for Bama , the SEC office is in B'ham, so the conference cheats for Bama, CBS pulls for Bama(this may be a little true). It is all a great Bama conspiracy, probably funded by the REC. Oh yeah, the REC owns all the black helicopters, thats why they are seen flying around Ttown all the time.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Who cares is Gary or Verne got a little excited when TJ scored? It was a very exciting play and an unbelievable finish to the game. Alabama needed a miracle finish and got one...

No matter which side you were on or even if you were neutral, if you are a football fan, you are going to react to seeing a game changing play like that...

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Well, I here Verne yelling "touchdown ALABAMA!!", and a little side noise but I don't hear Gary. Gary does say a few seconds later "he delivered" in talking about AJ. Bobby Hebert was already kicked out of the press box, but he was probably yelling outside. Krymsonman
if you listen closely you can hear someone squealing in the background right after Verne yells "touchdown." That's what they are talking about. Their assertion is that the squeal is GD. Obviously, the press box is packed with journalists and others. Who knows where it came from, obviously a Bama fan.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The thing I noticed, is when other teams score, it's "Touchdown Landry", or whoever. When it's us, it's Touchdown ALABAMA!!
I believe people like to say Alabama and Bama....it's easy to say and has a lot of umph, plus it's historic. Keith Jackson was always great with his baritone Touchdown Alabama. And Brent Musburger is good with his inspired Touchdown Bama!

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I believe people like to say Alabama and Bama....it's easy to say and has a lot of umph, plus it's historic. Keith Jackson was always great with his baritone Touchdown Alabama. And Brent Musburger is good with his inspired Touchdown Bama!
And Keith Jackson's, "No, sir!" on 4th & goal vs. Penn St in 79 Sugar Bowl was seen as biased in our favor.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

I agree, but you got to say AL-A-Bama for Keith Jackson. He stressed the three syllables. :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.