Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Highlights From Brando Show

1) has McCarron 2nd for Heisman behind Klein and notes that Klein may be hurt.

2) says Alabama-LSU has become "the" CFB game

3) says folks can't have it both ways - people who said Miles should be the Mad Hatter should not criticize Hatter for showing up

4) Thinks Chizik is probably already gone due in large part to Tide success, says its at least 50/50 now and probably greater. Thinks Dooley will return.

5) Thinks aTm plays perfect style to give Tide fits but won't pick Aggies to win; says its good Tide players buy into Saban approach

6) says all teams will lose once but continues to suggest it will be Alabama vs Oregon

7) says LSU left points on field and wonders why they tried the long FG when a first wins the game. That said, he admits that since Bama had not moved in half it was smart.

8) Thought that only the insides kick and fake FG were questionable but says the onsides nearly worked.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Highlights From Brando Show

Given the ebb and flow of the game, I would only second guess one of Les Miles' decisions - the decision to try the late FG. If they get a first down, they go into victory formation. I know that it was 4th and 6, but Zach was playing lights out. Hit the FG and you are still only up by 6.

I remember thinking that Alabama would find a way to pull the game out if they got the ball back down by only 6 points, and actually cheered when they brought in their FG unit.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

He continues to say that everyone will lose a game. Can't wait to prove him wrong.
    Roll Tide

My Mood

A Tide fan called him railing and screaming and demanded to know who specifically was going to beat Alabama. Tim said he didn't know, but football is a tough game and the SEC is difficult to run the table. Wound up taking the guy off, but Tim never answered the question.

He also thinks Petrino is in Auburn's vision.

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Brando at the start of the season wanted LSU to beat Bama. It didn't happen - he doesn't want to admit he's wrong now. Now he's still saying Bama will lose. (I think he's talking about in the regular season.) If Bama beats aTm. He will change his tune to Auburn. The man has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to bama, I can't explain why.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeman View Post
    Brando at the start of the season wanted LSU to beat Bama. It didn't happen - he doesn't want to admit he's wrong now. Now he's still saying Bama will lose. (I think he's talking about in the regular season.) If Bama beats aTm. He will change his tune to Auburn. The man has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to bama, I can't explain why.
    Maybe Brando's Wikipedia page will enlighten you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Brando

My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    A Tide fan called him railing and screaming and demanded to know who specifically was going to beat Alabama. Tim said he didn't know, but football is a tough game and the SEC is difficult to run the table. Wound up taking the guy off, but Tim never answered the question.
    It's not rocket science...A&M or UGA. Those are the only two choices.

My Mood

Except he also hedged on aTm today.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that early in the season, but now that it is getting toward the end, it is time to get specific.

Before the season, no one would predict exactly who they thought the 1970s Steelers or the 1980s 49ers would lose to, but there was always a feeling that they'd drop a couple. But that was early in a season - not 75% of the way through.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that early in the season, but now that it is getting toward the end, it is time to get specific.

Before the season, no one would predict exactly who they thought the 1970s Steelers or the 1980s 49ers would lose to, but there was always a feeling that they'd drop a couple. But that was early in a season - not 75% of the way through.

its just an opinion...it holds no relevance on the season.
    ...and until we win the SEC championship, we have two good teams left to play...

lets focus on the finish line..and if we take care of things week to week then his thoughts are irrelevant...
    Last edited by bamafaninOhiO; November 5th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If Bama loses especially if in the SECCG, how will we still go to the BCSCG?
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    If Bama loses especially if in the SECCG, how will we still go to the BCSCG?
    His assumption is that every team will drop a game. Of course, if Alabama (or any other team) loses in their last week of play, they will probably drop out of the BCSCG.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    its just an opinuion...it holds no relevance on the season.
    ...and until we win the SEC championship, we have two good teams left to play...

lets focus on the finish line..and worry about our actions speakign louder than brandos words...
    I don't actually have a problem with Brando generally and not even in this specific instance. I was expressing that idea that his reasoning in this instance isn't sound. I don't think that anyone is claiming that Brando's hypothesis is going to have any physical effect.

We're just a bunch of fans talking about college football - we're not actually players or coaches, so our focus doesn't really have any relevance.