Highlights From Brando Show

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
1) has McCarron 2nd for Heisman behind Klein and notes that Klein may be hurt.

2) says Alabama-LSU has become "the" CFB game

3) says folks can't have it both ways - people who said Miles should be the Mad Hatter should not criticize Hatter for showing up

4) Thinks Chizik is probably already gone due in large part to Tide success, says its at least 50/50 now and probably greater. Thinks Dooley will return.

5) Thinks aTm plays perfect style to give Tide fits but won't pick Aggies to win; says its good Tide players buy into Saban approach

6) says all teams will lose once but continues to suggest it will be Alabama vs Oregon

7) says LSU left points on field and wonders why they tried the long FG when a first wins the game. That said, he admits that since Bama had not moved in half it was smart.

8) Thought that only the insides kick and fake FG were questionable but says the onsides nearly worked.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Given the ebb and flow of the game, I would only second guess one of Les Miles' decisions - the decision to try the late FG. If they get a first down, they go into victory formation. I know that it was 4th and 6, but Zach was playing lights out. Hit the FG and you are still only up by 6.

I remember thinking that Alabama would find a way to pull the game out if they got the ball back down by only 6 points, and actually cheered when they brought in their FG unit.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A Tide fan called him railing and screaming and demanded to know who specifically was going to beat Alabama. Tim said he didn't know, but football is a tough game and the SEC is difficult to run the table. Wound up taking the guy off, but Tim never answered the question.

He also thinks Petrino is in Auburn's vision.

Dudeman

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2012
Brando at the start of the season wanted LSU to beat Bama. It didn't happen - he doesn't want to admit he's wrong now. Now he's still saying Bama will lose. (I think he's talking about in the regular season.) If Bama beats aTm. He will change his tune to Auburn. The man has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to bama, I can't explain why.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Brando at the start of the season wanted LSU to beat Bama. It didn't happen - he doesn't want to admit he's wrong now. Now he's still saying Bama will lose. (I think he's talking about in the regular season.) If Bama beats aTm. He will change his tune to Auburn. The man has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to bama, I can't explain why.
Maybe Brando's Wikipedia page will enlighten you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Brando

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
A Tide fan called him railing and screaming and demanded to know who specifically was going to beat Alabama. Tim said he didn't know, but football is a tough game and the SEC is difficult to run the table. Wound up taking the guy off, but Tim never answered the question.
It's not rocket science...A&M or UGA. Those are the only two choices.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
There's nothing wrong with that early in the season, but now that it is getting toward the end, it is time to get specific.

Before the season, no one would predict exactly who they thought the 1970s Steelers or the 1980s 49ers would lose to, but there was always a feeling that they'd drop a couple. But that was early in a season - not 75% of the way through.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
There's nothing wrong with that early in the season, but now that it is getting toward the end, it is time to get specific.

Before the season, no one would predict exactly who they thought the 1970s Steelers or the 1980s 49ers would lose to, but there was always a feeling that they'd drop a couple. But that was early in a season - not 75% of the way through.

its just an opinion...it holds no relevance on the season.
...and until we win the SEC championship, we have two good teams left to play...

lets focus on the finish line..and if we take care of things week to week then his thoughts are irrelevant...

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Bama loses especially if in the SECCG, how will we still go to the BCSCG?
His assumption is that every team will drop a game. Of course, if Alabama (or any other team) loses in their last week of play, they will probably drop out of the BCSCG.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
its just an opinuion...it holds no relevance on the season.
...and until we win the SEC championship, we have two good teams left to play...

lets focus on the finish line..and worry about our actions speakign louder than brandos words...
I don't actually have a problem with Brando generally and not even in this specific instance. I was expressing that idea that his reasoning in this instance isn't sound. I don't think that anyone is claiming that Brando's hypothesis is going to have any physical effect.

We're just a bunch of fans talking about college football - we're not actually players or coaches, so our focus doesn't really have any relevance.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
If Bama loses especially if in the SECCG, how will we still go to the BCSCG?
I think he is thinking of a 2007 or 2011 type scenario. In 2007, LSU dropped 2 games (one very late in the season), but enough teams in front of them lost to let them sneak back into the top two.

As far as losing the SECCG, many pundits were confident that LSU was so far ahead in the BCS rankings last year that they could have lost the SECCG and still stayed in the top 2. Alabama doesn't have quite that lead yet, but if all the other unbeatens drop one, Alabama could end up in a similar spot.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
First, I don't understand why someone, an Alabama fan or not, would call and make a fool of himself wanting to know who was going to beat who. Second, Brando is entitled to his opionion just like any of us are. I don't know if Stanford or Oregon State can beat Oregon and if UCLA wins the other division I don't think they can beat Oregon. The only team that can knock off ND, IMO is USC, but Kiffin's team looks to be coming unglued. KState has TCU and Texas on the road, neither has impressed me, but they are more likely to lose a game than Oregon or ND.

We know what we have to do, so if there are 3 undefeated teams at the end of the season it will be Alabama vs Oregon for the NC. A one loss SEC champion may be on the outside looking in if there are 2 unbeatens at year end. I'm okay with Brando, it's just his opinion no reason to act like an aubie.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He also thinks Petrino is in Auburn's vision.
SEC teams that had 8-0 regular season conference records since the BCS started:
2011 LSU
2010 Auburn
2009 Alabama
2009 Florida
2008 Alabama
2004 Auburn
1998 Tennessee

He can say it's difficult, but 7 teams have had undefeated conference regular season records since 1998.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.