Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Suggestions for an Aggie...

Welcome to Bama.

On Friday evening / night I'd eat in downtown Tuscaloosa at any of several choices already named. A personal favorite is Mugshots or Mellow Mushroom. Also a Sweet Cee Cees ice cream place there. Head on down University Drive and hit the strip. There will be plenty of nightlife activities going on there.

Here's what I'd suggest for Saturday morning before the game. Breakfast at Ramma Jamma on the southwest side of the stadium. After breakfast, walk east past the stadium, for future reference notice the yogurt / ice cream joint inside the stadium as you pass, and in 3 or 4 blocks you'll be at the Bryant Museum (opens at 9 a.m.). You can spend a good 2 hours in there. From there head toward the Quad and you'll be in the middle of tailgate city, T-Town style.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Bama just not the ballgame. Roll Tide.
    Bamabww

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I really appreciate all the suggestions. All these coupled with some advice from a close friend, that played on the national championship softball team there, have helped me pretty much plan (roughly) our stay in Tuscaloosa.. Chucks Fish is one I seem to hear alot so probably going to try and hit that up Friday w/ some bar hopping after. Gotta get a good breakfast in me bc Saturday will be a long day.. and def hittin up the museum along with tailgating areas.. I am extremely looking forward to this weekend, win or lose.. I have heard nothing but good things about Tuscaloosa and the people there so I don't doubt this will be a memorable weekend..

..And lets just say if by the slimmest of chances we pull off the incredible upset I will be one the guys the cops arrest for rushing the field

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TXaggie4 View Post
    I really appreciate all the suggestions. All these coupled with some advice from a close friend, that played on the national championship softball team there, have helped me pretty much plan (roughly) our stay in Tuscaloosa.. Chucks Fish is one I seem to hear alot so probably going to try and hit that up Friday w/ some bar hopping after. Gotta get a good breakfast in me bc Saturday will be a long day.. and def hittin up the museum along with tailgating areas.. I am extremely looking forward to this weekend, win or lose.. I have heard nothing but good things about Tuscaloosa and the people there so I don't doubt this will be a memorable weekend..

..And lets just say if by the slimmest of chances we pull off the incredible upset I will be one the guys the cops arrest for rushing the field
    Rushing the field doesn't really happen that much in T-Town. We're used to big wins and the opponents don't seem to try it. The last game I attended in Knoxville, under Franchione, we won handily and I've never seen such tight security. There was a cordon of orange-clad security guards, spaced about 40' apart, surrounding the entire field, facing outwards towards the stands, at least five minutes before the game ended. In the end, it didn't help, because our team stayed on the field and sang Rammer Jammer on the EZ where most of the Bama fans and band were located and then came down to the EZ where I sat and repeated it, while smoking their celebratory cigars...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team Crimson57s's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    He's from Texas so probably not. Dreamland has gone downhill.
    Sad but true. We ate there Homecoming weekend. It was good Q, but my wife said they were slipping. I was astounded they sell side dishes now. Remember the T-shirts they sold that said, "No Fries, No Beans, No Slaw, Just Ribs, Don't Ask" - well, you can ask now, because it's not just ribs anymore.
    "I don't like to lose. I don't expect to lose." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Second Team bamajammer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TXaggie4 View Post
    Any suggestions on nice sit down restaurants?? We want to experience the best Tuscaloosa has to offer.. We want to get a good meal in Friday night bc we figure after that who knows what/when we will eat..
    If you are a foodie, go to Epiphany Cafe or Evangalines. http://epiphanycafe.vpweb.com/ Epiphany Cafe serves local farm produce cooked with a Southern flair. The food there is absolutely scrumptious. Both places are considered fine dining, but neither are stuffy. Chuck's is sort of middle of the road and much more casual.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Dreamland is still great. Just had some out of this world beef brisket in Ft. Collins, Colorado of all places but most Texas BBQ just doesn't compare to the pig... no disrespect Enjoy your stay!
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Whatever you do, make time for the Bryant Museum. It truly is not to be missed.

The Waysider has the best game day breakfast, IMO, but be prepared to wait in line about half an hour to get in.

If you want the true Alabama game day experience, you must spend a good part of your day on the quad. You'll want to check out Denny Chimes (find some of those old greats who have captained past teams). The Million Dollar Band puts on a little pregame pep rally of sorts about 1 1/2 hours prior to kickoff. Two hours prior to kickoff, we have our Walk of Champions and you can see the team come into the stadium (north side). The stadium is just a couple of blocks away from the quad, so it's easy to scoot back and forth on game day. If you're polite and friendly, you'll be welcomed with open arms. Visiting fans have to really try to NOT be welcomed in Tuscaloosa. We pride ourselves on our hospitality, so your group should thoroughly enjoy itself.

Try and make your way to your seats about 45 minutes prior to kickoff and you'll get to take in all our pregame videos and the build up to kickoff.

Most of all, I hope y'all enjoy yourselves and come away feeling like you were treated well, fed well, and that you got to take in the height of Alabama Football at Bryant-Denny Stadium. RTR
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

BamaNation Second Team smohabbat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fwiw cypress inn is located in Tuscaloosa not northport. If you want a great burger go to mugshots in downtown or hooligans located near the federal building close to the strip. Something expensive would be kozys but that is a very formal place. Cypress inn and Kobe Japanese restaurant are all great places, depalmas Italian and mellow mushroom as well.

Alabama Crimson Tide