Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team fralo4tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Explain the "Garcia Moment"

This has happened before with the cuz stated in the title back in 2010. He had the game of his life, and the striking
    similarity with this game was our inability to stop LSU and Mettenberger on 3rd down.

What is your explanation?

Generally speaking, I think it's a no-brainer that LSU has been preparing for this game for months. 21-0 is pretty good motivation. And I think as well that analysis of this year's D has been going on for several weeks, and not just for the last two. Had they so analyzed Bama's defensive packages that they found what they thought was the best point of vulnerability, blitz packages included? Had the "light come on" for Mettenberger as Danielson hinted during the game? I tend to think not, and feel he will revert back to norm.

A buddy of mine chuckled that LSU had intentionally held Mettenberger back so that Bama wouldn't prepare for him. Interesting to consider, but I asked him what about the loss to Florida. Would they not have turned him loose instead of take one in the L column?

"Uh, well, there goes that theory."

One thing I do feel though. I do not think that the Bama D had been "exposed", as haters and superficial critics suggest with that overused cliche.

What do you think?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Explain the "Garcia Moment"

I am curious which Mettenberger will show up the rest of the season.

The additional week LSU had to prepare for this game was HUGE!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

I heard the coaches put 21-0 up around the facilities so that has been a good reminder all year. They so badly wanted revenge for January, and they came close.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Zm was a pretty highly ranked QB coming out of HS, 4* iirc, so it's no surprise to see him making the throws. I have a feeling he'll continue to improve from here on out, his upside is pretty tremendous, especially relative to what he's done year to date before Bama.

The biggest / best competitors often thrive under pressure, and he didn't disappoint.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame RVTIDER's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Wicked on TideFans.com

I honestly feel like for the first time in a long time, the entire LSU team was just not "high".
    God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably not what you are looking for but: "some days are better than others" and then there is "the zone."

Tebow had his game like that against us in the '08 SECCG or else we might have won the last 3 of 4 NCs.

ZM was "in the zone" and couldn't do anything wrong. I think Danielson observed late in the fourth quarter (before our comeback) that zm was doing to us exactly what AJ did to them in January. I thought it was spot on.

Only difference is AJ had shown better potential before then and Met had not until Saturday.

Now, what happens next for ZM? Will the light stay on or will it go out like it did for Garcia??? We'll have to wait and see.

BamaNation First Team saraelizabethua's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I saw a bumper sticker in Oxford the other day that said something about Ole Miss beating (eventual national champs) Florida in 2008... Every team knows that if they beat the top team, there's a certain amount of glory associated with the W. I definitely agree that there is a "zone." With all of the implications of playing Alabama at home, LSU got into that zone... for a while. I don't see LSU and Mettenberger playing up to that standard when they face their last few teams, but we'll see!

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Every competitive athlete has one of these days - a day in which you can simply do no wrong. IMO, Zach had one of those days. We will only remember it because it happened in a very important game (like Garcia).

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I'm not sure how to explain it. I think part of it has to do with a team preparing more for a top ranked team than they do for any other week. It's tough being on top. You get everybody's best effort and preparation each week. USCe more than likely invested more quality energy into preparation for that one week of Bama than they ever had before and after. It culminated into a flawless performance by Garcia. The problem is most players of Garcia's make up can't do it consistently. That is why they'll revert back to erratic play very quickly. Many times the next week.

Mettenberger now has to prove to the Who fans that Saturday night wasn't a "Garcia Moment".
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Worth noting USCe had the week off before Bama in 2010 as well...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    How coincidental. LOL! It makes a huge difference. I know CNS wouldn't openly admit it but I would be willing to bet off camera and off record, given a choice, he'd take an off week before playing LSU than not. What do you think?
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    This.......

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As someone said, Mettenberger was a highly touted QB in high school and IMO is better than Aaron Murray except he ran afoul of disciplinary actions at UGA. He was in a zone Saturday night and his WRs also made some spectacular catches to help him. I would expect Mettenberger to finish the season strong since they only have left MSU, OM and Arky.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner