Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Re: Explain the "Garcia Moment"

Even in the Garcia moment, they got 35 points on us.

Mettenberger was clicking on Saturday, but they still only got 17 points. Probably could have had 20 points if they didn't go for it on 4th. I don't think he would have made the field goal when he faked it. Their kicker was off that night, hence the missed field goals. So maybe they left 3 points off the board, but still only 17 points were scored.
    Roll Tide

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    As someone said, Mettenberger was a highly touted QB in high school and IMO is better than Aaron Murray except he ran afoul of disciplinary actions at UGA. He was in a zone Saturday night and his WRs also made some spectacular catches to help him. I would expect Mettenberger to finish the season strong since they only have left MSU, OM and Arky.
    I still say he drops off in performance. No way what we saw Saturday night is his norm. If so then we might as well hand LSU the national championship before next season even begins.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching the game it felt like Saturday was the first time LSU's staff called plays that actually suited Mettenberger. The rest of the season it has felt like they have been forcing him to try and make plays that that offense just can't make with their injury situation.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I kind of compare to a test that you really want to pass and have 2 weeks to do so. At Bama Saban uses the 2 weeks to prepare for multiple tests because he see's the bigger picture. LSU and Mettenberger put their entire concentration on this game alone and nit-picked everything we do as far as coverages and schemes go. I remember saying look at the WR's on their routes they know exactly how far to go before our defenders got outside their designated zone areas. JMO RTR!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    HI know CNS wouldn't openly admit it but I would be willing to bet off camera and off record, given a choice, he'd take an off week before playing LSU than not. What do you think?
    Yah, I'm betting that would be an affirmative.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Apprehensive on TideFans.com

Mettenberger played well. We needed something like this to get us back down a little. I know CNS preaches all the time about not overlooking (which I know we did not overlook LSU). This will help us refocus and be ready every time out much more than a 28-3 game would have... JMO RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Worth noting USCe had the week off before Bama in 2010 as well...
    Hell, who didn't that year?
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

The "Garcia Moment" was what I called, at the time, an "Out of Body Experience". As a previous poster stated every competitive athlete at some point in their effort hits the "Zone" that can't be explained or duplicated. I'll give LSU credit for a hard fought game and well executed game plan. I truly hope ZM doesn't follow the same pattern and path as Garcia and enjoys continued success. He has the physical tools but I sometimes wonder about the surroundings, team attitude and supportive personnel based on recent history in BR. The question now is what will they do from this point. Will there be another internal meltdown like we saw last January or will their leadership guide them in the right direction? We'll see. I'll be watching as will most all CFB fans.

RTR!!!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Worth noting USCe had the week off before Bama in 2010 as well...
    Every team that beat us in 2010 (USCe, LSU, and the boogs) had the prior week off.

Though we also had the week before LSU off, so that one was kind of a wash.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    I was at UA from 2000-2006. In that time, watching the NFL draft was about the most frustrating thing in the world. Players at multiple positions had the games of their lives against us. And their highlight cut-up ALWAYS had Bama on the short end of it. Off the top of my head, the following players should probably send Bama royalties for putting them in the league:

Desean Foster
    Freddie Mitchell
    Michael Turner
    Jason Witten
    Travis Stephens
    Rohan Davey
    Josh Reed
    Mark Clayton

And I'm fairly sure that there are more, but I stopped my list before I got depressed about it again
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    I was at UA from 2000-2006. In that time, watching the NFL draft was about the most frustrating thing in the world. Players at multiple positions had the games of their lives against us. And their highlight cut-up ALWAYS had Bama on the short end of it. Off the top of my head, the following players should probably send Bama royalties for putting them in the league:

Desean Foster
    Freddie Mitchell
    Michael Turner
    Jason Witten
    Travis Stephens
    Rohan Davey
    Josh Reed
    Mark Clayton

And I'm fairly sure that there are more, but I stopped my list before I got depressed about it again
    add to that multiple auburn waterboys having heisman worthy performances against us during that time period as well.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com
    Similarities:

Off week before game
    On the road
    Struggling quarterback
    Insanely accurate throws at crucial moments.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Living amongst the Tigers, I think it would be correct to say that everything they did pointed to this game. And although they had been a little quiet, you could tell the national championship game has been eating at them all year long. This was their superbowl, and since they had already lost to Florida, the game had even more significance. This was a must win, two weeks to prepare, and at home at night in Tiger Stadium. Throw in the "garcia moment" and it looked perfect for LSU. I would still have liked to have seen what happened had we not fumbled going in. Sportscasters are all saying TJ would have probably scored. I don't know, but I wonder if Mettenberger would have been so hot if they were down 21-3 at the half instead of 14-3. Krymsonman