BAMA #2 Total Defense Now...

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
good, good,.... this will tick off the Defense who strives to play against a standard of excellence

poor, poor aggies to be on the receiving end of that wrath

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It could get worse, A&M is going to run a lot of plays and it's likely they have a few big ones.

This defense looked more like what I expected coming into the season, against LSU. We'll have to see how things look after the the A&M game.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I think that Savannah State game helps out FSU's defensive ratings quite a bit.

I've only watched them against Clemson, but they seem to be a year away from being an elite defense. They have a lot of great athletes running around, but they don't seem to be disciplined enough quite yet.

Bamabw

Suspended
Oct 14, 2011
good, good,.... this will tick off the Defense who strives to play against a standard of excellence

poor, poor aggies to be on the receiving end of that wrath
I agree...that is kind of why I posted this info...our D is oging to be ticked off this weekend.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Florida State is starting to look more like the 1990's Bowden teams, wonder if they can coach them up? If so we need to fortify Mobile.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Texas A&M defense ranked 46...
... and that is not too shabby. However, the teams that beat them did not have great offenses, and when they've won their defense hasn't really been on the field.

My hope is that the Alabama Rule applies. We go back to our 8 minute drives that take the oxygen out of the ball, and our defense has to play only 20 minutes.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
It could get worse, A&M is going to run a lot of plays and it's likely they have a few big ones.

This defense looked more like what I expected coming into the season, against LSU. We'll have to see how things look after the the A&M game.
its one game against LSU who had 2 weeks to prepared for Bama at Death Valley at night.
its one game against a team with revenge on their minds for the last 10 months.
its one game against a team who had a chance to right a wrong from 01/09/12.
its one game against a team that play as well as they could possibly played all season long against a bitter foe and STILL came up short!!

this defense had 2 major stops late in the 4th ( Warecat stop and forcing LSU for the 45 yard FG that missed) is the reason Bama is still undefeated!!

this defense for all the NFL drafts missing from its roster this season is making this Crimson Tide fan very proud. you can not possibly ask for any better when they were practically #1 in all major Defensive stats.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Our defenses goal is to hold opponents to 13 points per game. We're giving up slightly over 9.
All the other stuff is pretty but points allowed per game is the only thing that really matters.
I'm very proud of our defense.
sip

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
not a shot at the OP, but I couldn't care less....honestly. 50, 75, 100 years from now, no one will say, 'in 2012, we won our 15th NC...but dammit, we were only #2 defensively...."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.