Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Did anyone attending the BAMA vs LSU notice the chant against Coach

If Saban had gone straight from LSU to here I could see them being mad at him. But he went to the NFL and then when it didn't work out he took the best job that was open at the time. Do Florida fans despise Steve Spurrier?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    I'll never understand the hate LSU has for Saban.
    I'm not sure even they can explain it. UF still loves Steve Spurrier. Georgia Tech still loves Bobby Ross and even Bill Curry. Notre Dame still loves Lou Holtz. They all did very well for their schools and left the programs in much better shape than how they found it.

It's not like a Franchione or Kiffen deal, where a coach just leaves a program that's on the ropes in the middle of the night.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    I'll never understand the hate LSU has for Saban. If it wasn't for Saban, LSU still might be the Kentucky of the SEC West. They OWED their current standing in college football to Saban. If they don't like Saban then LSU fans needs to stop wearing the Nat'l Championship Gear he help get them. So LSU fans can bottle up their hatred for Saban.
    I mean I can kind of understand it. He left them when they were flying high and then came back to what they consider their biggest rival. Since doing that he has beaten them several times most notably beating the crap out of them in a national championship. I would say get over it but the success that Saban has had especially against them the past two years has to just reopen all of those wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    I mean I can kind of understand it. He left them when they were flying high and then came back to what they consider their biggest rival. Since doing that he has beaten them several times most notably beating the crap out of them in a national championship. I would say get over it but the success that Saban has had especially against them the past two years has to just reopen all of those wounds.
    Their attachment to him was entirely different from the attachment Bama fans have to him. Saban would probably be the first to acknowledge it. If they had coaches like Thomas, Wade, Bryant and the like in their past, it would be different,but they don't. As I pointed out earlier, I've never heard a Bama fan call him "Nick." They thought they owned a piece of him. They didn't. The difference is that we realize no one does...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    So lemme get this straight: some drunk college kids at a college football game starting chanting obscenities in unison?? I ain't buying that!

Whatever it was, I'm sure it was hilarious in the moment...to them, anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DanthManUA View Post
    I was to the right of the Bama band. We all thought the LSWho students were chanting "over-rated", so it wasn't that clear across the stadium. It faded pretty quick.
    AJ and TJ shut up the "Over-rated" cheer.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    If Saban had gone straight from LSU to here I could see them being mad at him. But he went to the NFL and then when it didn't work out he took the best job that was open at the time. Do Florida fans despise Steve Spurrier?
    Fla still honors Spurrier

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The UF fans I know hate Spurrier. And the Dolphins fans I know TRULY hate Saban.

May get banned but isn't it called "the neck chant"?
    tider70

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Funny that LSU considers us their biggest rival. Do we consider them our biggest rival? I'm not so sure. I still like beating that cow college.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Their attachment to him was entirely different from the attachment Bama fans have to him... If they had coaches like Thomas, Wade, Bryant and the like in their past, it would be different,but they don't. As I pointed out earlier, I've never heard a Bama fan call him "Nick." They thought they owned a piece of him. They didn't. The difference is that we realize no one does...
    Truth.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Second Team NiteyNight's Avatar
    How could you not consider LSU our biggest rival after these past few years. This matchup has turned into the elite football game unrivaled by any other.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by NiteyNight View Post
    How could you not consider LSU our biggest rival after these past few years. This matchup has turned into the elite football game unrivaled by any other.
    (shruggs) Maybe ... but I still feel like we own them for the most part. The fact that they really really hate us when most of us don't hate them helps me to come to that conclusion.