Did anyone attending the BAMA vs LSU notice the chant against Coach

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
On the Zone Sunday nite they mentioned that LSU fans were chanting in unison at Coach Saban after LSU took the lead in the 4th quarter.

Was the whole LSU fan base involved in this?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
If not, they should've been. If the shoe were on the other foot, wouldn't you? If Fraud were still coaching TAMU, would you taunt him just a wee bit this weekend?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If not, they should've been. If the shoe were on the other foot, wouldn't you? If Fraud were still coaching TAMU, would you taunt him just a wee bit this weekend?
f#r$a&n@ (mods, is that a dirty word? ;) ) wasn't anywhere near being worthy of hatred going on 10 years. saban's tenure brought LSU back into national prominence. f#r$a&n@'s tenure just resulted in a surplus of headless bobble heads down at the driving range

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Everything sounds more cynical than intended when typed, but trust me, I'm not trying to be snarky. I'm also not equating The F-man and CNS (heresy!). I just think it's pretty normal for college football fans - at least the SEC variants - to taunt, shout, scream, jeer, and cheer without logic or reason being remotely involved. Let 'em holler - as long as we win. RTR!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I'll never understand the hate LSU has for Saban. If it wasn't for Saban, LSU still might be the Kentucky of the SEC West. They OWED their current standing in college football to Saban. If they don't like Saban then LSU fans needs to stop wearing the Nat'l Championship Gear he help get them. So LSU fans can bottle up their hatred for Saban.

DanthManUA

3rd Team
Sep 4, 2001
Florence,AL,USA
I was to the right of the Bama band. We all thought the LSWho students were chanting "over-rated", so it wasn't that clear across the stadium. It faded pretty quick.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If Saban had gone straight from LSU to here I could see them being mad at him. But he went to the NFL and then when it didn't work out he took the best job that was open at the time. Do Florida fans despise Steve Spurrier?

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I'll never understand the hate LSU has for Saban.
I'm not sure even they can explain it. UF still loves Steve Spurrier. Georgia Tech still loves Bobby Ross and even Bill Curry. Notre Dame still loves Lou Holtz. They all did very well for their schools and left the programs in much better shape than how they found it.

It's not like a Franchione or Kiffen deal, where a coach just leaves a program that's on the ropes in the middle of the night.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I'll never understand the hate LSU has for Saban. If it wasn't for Saban, LSU still might be the Kentucky of the SEC West. They OWED their current standing in college football to Saban. If they don't like Saban then LSU fans needs to stop wearing the Nat'l Championship Gear he help get them. So LSU fans can bottle up their hatred for Saban.
I mean I can kind of understand it. He left them when they were flying high and then came back to what they consider their biggest rival. Since doing that he has beaten them several times most notably beating the crap out of them in a national championship. I would say get over it but the success that Saban has had especially against them the past two years has to just reopen all of those wounds.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I mean I can kind of understand it. He left them when they were flying high and then came back to what they consider their biggest rival. Since doing that he has beaten them several times most notably beating the crap out of them in a national championship. I would say get over it but the success that Saban has had especially against them the past two years has to just reopen all of those wounds.
Their attachment to him was entirely different from the attachment Bama fans have to him. Saban would probably be the first to acknowledge it. If they had coaches like Thomas, Wade, Bryant and the like in their past, it would be different,but they don't. As I pointed out earlier, I've never heard a Bama fan call him "Nick." They thought they owned a piece of him. They didn't. The difference is that we realize no one does...

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
So lemme get this straight: some drunk college kids at a college football game starting chanting obscenities in unison?? I ain't buying that! ;)

Whatever it was, I'm sure it was hilarious in the moment...to them, anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.