Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: I am assuming that Amari played at less than 100%. How about next week?

I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I was just looking at pictures of players at practice today at al.com.

Two pictures showed Chris Black in full uniform. Does that mean that he is READY to play if we need him?

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I was just looking at pictures of players at practice today at al.com.

Two pictures showed Chris Black in full uniform. Does that mean that he is READY to play if we need him?

I think we burn his shirt only in the most extreme case, i.e. one other principal receiver going down...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    I thought I I saw Dee Hart on the sideline of the LSU in full uniform as well at the end of the game.
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I thought I I saw Dee Hart on the sideline of the LSU in full uniform as well at the end of the game.
    Same situation, I would think. OTOH, there's a long line of RBs coming in behind Dee. It would take more, IMO, to burn Black's shirt...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Practiced but still limping as per al.com

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    He was sore during the game, that is why we didn't see him much. But Looks like he practiced ok today, which is great news. They said he was moving around ok.
    Thank goodness...we'll need him 100% against A/M

Black won't play unless we have a major string of injuries at WR. Even then he's probably a week or two away at the earliest.

Cooper is limping and I doubt he's much of a factor this weekend. I think the staff will make him less involved in the game plan, because that came back to bite them in Baton Rouge. They expected he would shoulder a bigger load than he did, which really put us behind the eight-ball all night when he went out early. I think we'll try to avoid that this weekend against A&M.

I doubt he's back 100% before the SECCG, though perhaps the Iron Bowl. Doesn't appear to be the dreaded high ankle sprain, but clearly this is not a minor tweak that will heal in a matter of days. He's going to need a couple of more weeks to really get back in the swing of things.

Suspended

I'm increasingly of the opinion that we get out of Saturday with a win, then play Saturday for a quarter against WC. Let back ups play the rest and get our starters healed up...

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Same situation, I would think. OTOH, there's a long line of RBs coming in behind Dee. It would take more, IMO, to burn Black's shirt...
    I thought Dee Hart was redshirted last year?

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Norwood & Bell have the talent & last week stepped up big. We need Cooper but Alabama seems to get players to step up when called upon.

If Cooper is healthy enough he will get 2 TD's.

The deep end-zone pass before the TD was NFL, as good as any pass by either all night. This would normally have been Coop's specialty considering Kevin had just made three key, clutch, catches. If not for the incidental contact by LSU, Kevin would have made the catch, in front of both DB's, with both feet inbounds with a breadbasket catch. Incidental contact!

Great throw. I cut this out of a video of the last 7 minutes of the game, the quality is not great.

Last edited by CapstoneTider; November 7th, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

BamaNation First Team

Wait, so Dee Hart is already back from his knee injury from earlier this season?

Even if true, I would expect him to get a medical redshirt (when the appropriate time to file arrives, and if necessary).

From his press conference today, Saban said he is optimistic that both Cooper and Lacey will be ready this Saturday. He said Cooper is better and Lacey took half reps yesterday.
    Roll Tide