I am assuming that Amari played at less than 100%. How about next week?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
No doubt that our two play makers to watch in the LSU game, AJ AND Cooper, were both a little injured.

I Feel confideint in A.J's recover does anyone know the status of Cooper other than he is good enough to play? I am not even sure what the injury is.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
He was sore during the game, that is why we didn't see him much. But Looks like he practiced ok today, which is great news. They said he was moving around ok.

Last edited:

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
He was sore during the game, that is why we didn't see him much. But Looks like he practiced ok today, which is great news. They said he was moving around ok.
That's good news. I'm sure he would have caught that pass for a TD early in the game had he been at 100% even though it was a little off by AJ.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
That's good news. I'm sure he would have caught that pass for a TD early in the game had he been at 100% even though it was a little off by AJ.
Saban said that he didn't aggravate his injury, just got sore. I think he was out of the game the whole second half.

He said he would be ready to go, then practice reports said he was moving around well and practicing. :)

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
With AJ, As a golfer like many, a sore back will definitely hurt you accuracy until you get warmed up a bit. Not an excuse just an observation :)

Thanks for the info on Amari.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
We missed him and Lacy in the second half. We dodged a bullet! He was wide open on that pass and it was then I knew he wasn't going to make it during that game. I think he'll have another career day Saturday!
Agree with an above post that he might have caught it normally. It appeared like he got to full speed later than usual, which is a step better than everyone else.

I made a comment maybe the 2nd game that he caught the ball with more authority than anyone since Julio, about 3 games before the press picked up on him. Man I'm good....just kidding.

Agree with an above post that he might have caught it normally. It appeared like he got to full speed later than usual, which is a step better than everyone else.

I made a comment maybe the 2nd game that he caught the ball with more authority than anyone since Julio, about 3 games before the press picked up on him. Man I'm good....just kidding.
Watched it again. He hit Eric Reid with a move and was gone, but just couldn't hit that next gear. AJ threw it perfectly, but he forgot about the ankle, just no adjustment to the ankle injury.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Watched it again. He hit Eric Reid with a move and was gone, but just couldn't hit that next gear. AJ threw it perfectly, but he forgot about the ankle, just no adjustment to the ankle injury.
It will be great to see him back at full speed. Ankle injuries can have a wide range of severity, but obviously it's not too bad.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
I wouldnt have him do more than maybe ride a bike during practice. I have him in ice and of it as much as possible because Bama is going to need him down the stretch.

Seriously who is 100% at this point in the season?
Not me, I think I pulled something during the last game in the 4th with about 51-53 seconds left :)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I was just looking at pictures of players at practice today at al.com.

Two pictures showed Chris Black in full uniform. Does that mean that he is READY to play if we need him?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I was just looking at pictures of players at practice today at al.com.

Two pictures showed Chris Black in full uniform. Does that mean that he is READY to play if we need him?

I think we burn his shirt only in the most extreme case, i.e. one other principal receiver going down...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Black won't play unless we have a major string of injuries at WR. Even then he's probably a week or two away at the earliest.

Cooper is limping and I doubt he's much of a factor this weekend. I think the staff will make him less involved in the game plan, because that came back to bite them in Baton Rouge. They expected he would shoulder a bigger load than he did, which really put us behind the eight-ball all night when he went out early. I think we'll try to avoid that this weekend against A&M.

I doubt he's back 100% before the SECCG, though perhaps the Iron Bowl. Doesn't appear to be the dreaded high ankle sprain, but clearly this is not a minor tweak that will heal in a matter of days. He's going to need a couple of more weeks to really get back in the swing of things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.