I am assuming that Amari played at less than 100%. How about next week?

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm increasingly of the opinion that we get out of Saturday with a win, then play Saturday for a quarter against WC. Let back ups play the rest and get our starters healed up...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Norwood & Bell have the talent & last week stepped up big. We need Cooper but Alabama seems to get players to step up when called upon.

If Cooper is healthy enough he will get 2 TD's.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The deep end-zone pass before the TD was NFL, as good as any pass by either all night. This would normally have been Coop's specialty considering Kevin had just made three key, clutch, catches. If not for the incidental contact by LSU, Kevin would have made the catch, in front of both DB's, with both feet inbounds with a breadbasket catch. Incidental contact!

Great throw. I cut this out of a video of the last 7 minutes of the game, the quality is not great.

:BigA::BigA::BigA::BigA::BigA::BigA:

Last edited:

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC
Wait, so Dee Hart is already back from his knee injury from earlier this season?

Even if true, I would expect him to get a medical redshirt (when the appropriate time to file arrives, and if necessary).

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
From his press conference today, Saban said he is optimistic that both Cooper and Lacey will be ready this Saturday. He said Cooper is better and Lacey took half reps yesterday.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
From his press conference today, Saban said he is optimistic that both Cooper and Lacey will be ready this Saturday. He said Cooper is better and Lacey took half reps yesterday.
Ready is usually a very broad range with Coach Saban. For instance Cooper could be ready but injured enough to where he's no more effective than 2nd string, which is a fairly large drop off. Has Lacy ever been anywhere near 100% since his freshman year? Seems like he has some nagging injuries that either don't heal or take a long time.

It must be frustrating not being at top form. We have had a few backs over the past 10 years who played the entire season with injuries that we really didn't know much about for their benefit. Darby is a good example. Maybe Ingram too, although we had line issues in 2010. Many put the blame on Joe Pendry :)

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
The deep end-zone pass before the TD was NFL, as good as any pass by either all night. This would normally have been Coop's specialty considering Kevin had just made three key, clutch, catches. If not for the incidental contact by LSU, Kevin would have made the catch, in front of both DB's, with both feet inbounds with a breadbasket catch. Incidental contact!

Great throw. I cut this out of a video of the last 7 minutes of the game, the quality is not great.

:BigA::BigA::BigA::BigA::BigA::BigA:
I have thought this since the actual play Saturday night. This was not the planned route I do not believe as AJ had to signal KN prior to releasing the pass. Can you imagine what we all would be saying had he not tripped! 4-4 AJ to KN for the win! RTR!

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I have thought this since the actual play Saturday night. This was not the planned route I do not believe as AJ had to signal KN prior to releasing the pass. Can you imagine what we all would be saying had he not tripped! 4-4 AJ to KN for the win! RTR!

You can see AJ signalling and Kevin took off to the end-zone. 4-4 sounds nice.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Things are looking good after the practice today..here is an article about it and a quote from it.

-- Earlier in the day, Saban said both RB Eddie Lacy and WR Amari Cooper were making progress from their respective ankle injuries. That appears to be very much the case based on what we saw during today's two open periods. Lacy had some nice burst as he went through drills while Cooper continued to do everything the other wide receivers did during the open period. Both of Lacy's ankles are so heavily taped, you can't even tell which one is injured.-
- S Nick Perry was wearing a harness on his right shoulder underneath his shoulder pads. It didn't appear to hamper him much. He apparently suffered some kind of shoulder injury during the fall.
-- WR Chris Black goes through drills like a guy who's missed football. Lots of energy from the freshman. He's still wearing a black, non-contact jersey.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2012/11/alabama_practice_report_wednes_9.html

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Reports today said AJ is not wearing the brace anymore and he has looked the best he has looked for the past few weeks.

Amari is almost 100% now as well. Lacey may be splitting carriers 50/50, so he is still getting over his injury.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Reports today said AJ is not wearing the brace anymore and he has looked the best he has looked for the past few weeks.

Amari is almost 100% now as well. Lacey may be splitting carriers 50/50, so he is still getting over his injury.
Having T.J on the last drive was telling TJ's place on the team and in the minds of the coaches. Pretty much co starter with Lacy

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.