Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Pat Dye and Gary Danielson on beating Alabama

According to Gary, you have to be able to run the ball in order to beat Alabama. He talked about that during the game Saturday night. Today on Finebaum, Pat Dye said you have to be able to pass the ball on Bama in order to win. Well...which is it?
    Just maybe you need to be able to run, pass, and play great defense in order to beat Bama. And even then, you might still lose! Just ask LSU!
    Btw...Dye also said "I don't do Twittah or New Tube."
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Pat Dye and Gary Danielson on beating Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJeff View Post
    Dye also said "I don't do Twittah or New Tube."
    That's classic ha ha.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    That's classic ha ha.
    Paul played the clip several times today!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Paul played the clip several times today!
    I am going to go listen to that if it's up. He is perfectly happy with old tube

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com
    Btw...Dye also said "I don't do Twittah or New Tube."
    Just like him to mess something up!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

Danielson said last year that he had gone over every Alabama SEC loss since 2008 (a very small number) and that in every case the other team had outrushed Alabama. He particularly said Arkansas under Petrino couldn't get there by focusing on passing.

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest thing is for Bama to have dumb turnovers and to choose not to run the ball when they're hashing a team for 7+ yards a carry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    The biggest thing is for Bama to have dumb turnovers and to choose not to run the ball when they're hashing a team for 7+ yards a carry.
    That was a big mystery to me. If we're ripping aTm for that kind of YPC, I hope we just keep it up until we can't ride that horse any more. I don't think we have to prove that we can pass the ball...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    That was a big mystery to me. If we're ripping aTm for that kind of YPC, I hope we just keep it up until we can't ride that horse any more. I don't think we have to prove that we can pass the ball...

Do you think they let the Heisman talk get to them? And expected too much of AJ to have a good night? Because we were running successfully, not sure why we didn't stick to it.
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Do you think they let the Heisman talk get to them? And expected too much of AJ to have a good night? Because we were running successfully, not sure why we didn't stick to it.
    More to do with mindset. The coaches focused on replicating the BCS gameplan and focused on it. They didn't see the success of the running game because the gameplan/mindset was their focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    I'm a fan of running it down their throats till they stop us, then fake another run and throw down field. I want to know if the TAMU line is physical enough to stop us?
    If they can't stop us we run and keep Lil Johnny Football on the bench.
    When TAMU's Offense is playing we need someone in the QB's back pocket every throw.
    I would like him to have to get rid of the ball fast every time.
    I would like to see us stuff their running plays and make them one dimensional.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; November 5th, 2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: format

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Well, let's face it. Nussmeier comes from a pass first conference. I think our mind slant was that they would stack the box and we'd have to pass to loosen them up. I'm not sure we ever got away from that bias. It seemed to me that, when it became obvious that we could run the ball, we didn't change that philosophy and switch to a run first plan after they decided to rush only three. Had we done that, the game might have been quite different. However, I haven't answered the phone for any OC offers lately. I do hope we switch to run first against aTm, providing Lacy is healthy enough, because I think the key to the win is keeping their offense on the bench. Also, we don't know exactly how AJ's shoulder/upper back bruise is progressing. He didn't get hit there again Saturday. However, whether he were playing with a sore throwing shoulder or with one partially numbed, it was affecting his accuracy...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team aerospace_ray's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I agree that we do not have to prove we can pass on aTm. We run the ball and control the clock, eventually their defense wears down, our defense is off the field more so than at LSU and we control the outcome and possibly get some players off the bench and reduce starters get injuries going into last few games before SEC championship. I hope we pound the rock in this game w/aTm a lot. Time of possession must be to our advantage. RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)