Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pat Dye and Gary Danielson on beating Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    I'm a fan of running it down their throats till they stop us, then fake another run and throw down field. I want to know if the TAMU line is physical enough to stop us?
    If they can't stop us we run and keep Lil Johnny Football on the bench.
    When TAMU's Offense is playing we need someone in the QB's back pocket every throw.
    I would like him to have to get rid of the ball fast every time.
    I would like to see us stuff their running plays and make them one dimensional.
    I hate to say it, but that plays right into his style. He's a Denard Robinson-type QB and he thrives on the scramble and out-quicking the defense. His passing, however, so far, as been so-so. I expect we'll play him the same way we've played other mobile QBs and collapse the pocket around him without all out blitzes until late. We can stuff their running plays without all-out blitzes. I don't think he's any cheezeburger as a passer, but it was obvious that we thought we could rattle burger with pressure and he stepped right up into the pain and made great throws. I don't think "man-goal" will go off with a cheezyburger-type throwing game, but our defense will be entirely different for him...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Gary is right. If you cannot run against us with at least decent success, you will not beat us. Pass happy offenses like Petrino's play into exactly what we want you to do, and is why except in 2010 when we were breaking in 3 new starters at DB, Petrino never even came close to beating us..
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Gary is right. If you cannot run against us with at least decent success, you will not beat us. Pass happy offenses like Petrino's play into exactly what we want you to do, and is why except in 2010 when we were breaking in 3 new starters at DB, Petrino never even came close to beating us..
    2010 wouldn't qualify?

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You want to know how to Beat Alabama Gary? The only way is for Alabama to Beat Alabama.

Bad penalties (which you rarely see)
    Fumbles (we have put the ball on the ground at the worst times)
    Interceptions (not this year)
    a hot QB playing lights out (I think LSU was it)

Our Coaches are really good at adjusting to just about anything they see, so beat us on one thing & we stop it next time.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I hate to say it, but that plays right into his style. He's a Denard Robinson-type QB and he thrives on the scramble and out-quicking the defense. His passing, however, so far, as been so-so. I expect we'll play him the same way we've played other mobile QBs and collapse the pocket around him without all out blitzes until late. We can stuff their running plays without all-out blitzes. I don't think he's any cheezeburger as a passer, but it was obvious that we thought we could rattle burger with pressure and he stepped right up into the pain and made great throws. I don't think "man-goal" will go off with a cheezyburger-type throwing game, but our defense will be entirely different for him...
    Agree.
    Our DB's are going to have to stay in the plays and not let guys make last second moves on them while he's scrambling. I don't believe he has the passing precision to exploit any of our DB's. This will be Tebow 2009.

Wonder if we'll run more nickle and have Sunseri and Mosely out there.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a big mystery to me. If we're ripping aTm for that kind of YPC, I hope we just keep it up until we can't ride that horse any more. I don't think we have to prove that we can pass the ball...
    Spot on... that's really one area where LSU excelled. When they found something, they kept at it until we could stop it (which we didn't). Sometimes, and I think this must be a "Saban trait", we get into a tendency to think we've got to stick to a game plan on offense even if something else is working. I've seen it with both CJM and CDN now. I'd have loved to have seen us do exactly what we did three years ago versus South Carolina when we put Ingram in the wildcat and said, "here it comes boys... stop us if you can."

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Agree.
    Our DB's are going to have to stay in the plays and not let guys make last second moves on them while he's scrambling. I don't believe he has the passing precision to exploit any of our DB's. This will be Tebow 2009.

Wonder if we'll run more nickle and have Sunseri and Mosely out there.
    Would like to see a 4-2-5 time defense with the ends being Hubbard/Dickson/Stinson and the middle guys being a variation of Pagan/Williams/Ivory/Square. That would give plenty of speed and strength. The LBs group has to include CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMARICH View Post
    Spot on... that's really one area where LSU excelled. When they found something, they kept at it until we could stop it (which we didn't). Sometimes, and I think this must be a "Saban trait", we get into a tendency to think we've got to stick to a game plan on offense even if something else is working. I've seen it with both CJM and CDN now. I'd have loved to have seen us do exactly what we did three years ago versus South Carolina when we put Ingram in the wildcat and said, "here it comes boys... stop us if you can."
    I think it is a side effect of CNS's "every play will be successful if executed properly" mentality.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team timmer0911's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I really think the only way to beat us is to somehow/someway score more points than we do!! Not an easy thing to do.....even if you out play us!!!

RTR

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Apprehensive on TideFans.com

We will take away the qb run from them and make manziel beat us throwing. I expect a big dose of the run game from us with plenty of 5-8 minute drives. If we get up by a couple of TD's, turn out the lights.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    We will take away the qb run from them and make manziel beat us throwing. I expect a big dose of the run game from us with plenty of 5-8 minute drives. If we get up by a couple of TD's, turn out the lights.
    It's a day game though. J/k

But you're right. Why do I feel like we are ready, really ready for A&M?! I don't see a let down!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Would like to see a 4-2-5 time defense with the ends being Hubbard/Dickson/Stinson and the middle guys being a variation of Pagan/Williams/Ivory/Square. That would give plenty of speed and strength. The LBs group has to include CJ.
    That's sounds very plausible. We are going to need players that can react and move quickly to last second passing, and you mention the #1 guy in Mosely. I know that Sunseri would be a benefit in his tweener lb/dB role.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

That was a big mystery to me. If we're ripping aTm for that kind of YPC, I hope we just keep it up until we can't ride that horse any more. I don't think we have to prove that we can pass the ball...

Thats what I was saying why are we passing the ball the yards we were gaining running, AJ seemed to struggle with accuracy or just seemed off a little. Untill the 2:00 min drive which I'm sure got more attention in practice we know he did a good job there. Thats not hindsight either you could see that during the game oh well I just pay to watch and enjoy it and I do.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Sorry I posted from the other page That has been repeated enough, I hope Lacy is not to gimpy I like our One Two punch, one more comment on the previous thread maybe Coach didn't think we could where them down with the running game like we do other Teams because there like us there deep on defense just another thought.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.