Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Pat Dye and Gary Danielson on beating Alabama

In the past 5 years (minus 2 games) we have lost 5 SEC Games. Three of the 5 were lost by a combined total of 7 points (3,1, and 3). The frequency shows no trend either. 1 loss in '08, 3 in '10, and 1 in '11).
    Although I will concede that Danielson and Dye both have a lot of football knowledge, to take those very few data points and attempt to devise a plan to defeat Saban's Crimson Tide is a real stretch.
    If I were to offer a team strategy for a win over Bama, I would say:
    1. Prepare to play 60 minutes of the fiercest football you have ever played.
    2. Do not make any mental errors....none.
    3. Do your job on every play, without error.
    4. Be in the best physical condition of your life. You will have to play to your level of excellence for the entire 4th quarter.

Do that, and you will be in the best position to win. You may not win because Bama has incredible talent at every position, and may just be a better team. But, you will have the best chance.

Lets see...did I miss anything? Pretty simple really. Just 4 steps. RTR

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Pat Dye and Gary Danielson on beating Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Do you think they let the Heisman talk get to them? And expected too much of AJ to have a good night? Because we were running successfully, not sure why we didn't stick to it.
    I think coaches, even coaches as good as ours, outsmart themselves sometimes. We nearly lost the '09 UT game because we kept trying to throw the ball to Julio down near the goal line. We ran it all the way down there, but we then seemed obsessed with throwing the ball. I know we need to be able to throw the ball, and I like balance as much as anyone. If they can't stop the run, though, I say keep shoving it down their throats.