Pat Dye and Gary Danielson on beating Alabama

timmer0911

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Mobile, AL
Well, I really think the only way to beat us is to somehow/someway score more points than we do!! Not an easy thing to do.....even if you out play us!!! :biggrin:

:BigA: RTR

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
We will take away the qb run from them and make manziel beat us throwing. I expect a big dose of the run game from us with plenty of 5-8 minute drives. If we get up by a couple of TD's, turn out the lights.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Would like to see a 4-2-5 time defense with the ends being Hubbard/Dickson/Stinson and the middle guys being a variation of Pagan/Williams/Ivory/Square. That would give plenty of speed and strength. The LBs group has to include CJ.
That's sounds very plausible. We are going to need players that can react and move quickly to last second passing, and you mention the #1 guy in Mosely. I know that Sunseri would be a benefit in his tweener lb/dB role.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
That was a big mystery to me. If we're ripping aTm for that kind of YPC, I hope we just keep it up until we can't ride that horse any more. I don't think we have to prove that we can pass the ball...

Thats what I was saying why are we passing the ball the yards we were gaining running, AJ seemed to struggle with accuracy or just seemed off a little. Untill the 2:00 min drive which I'm sure got more attention in practice we know he did a good job there. Thats not hindsight either you could see that during the game oh well I just pay to watch and enjoy it and I do.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Sorry I posted from the other page That has been repeated enough, I hope Lacy is not to gimpy I like our One Two punch, one more comment on the previous thread maybe Coach didn't think we could where them down with the running game like we do other Teams because there like us there deep on defense just another thought.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
In the past 5 years (minus 2 games) we have lost 5 SEC Games. Three of the 5 were lost by a combined total of 7 points (3,1, and 3). The frequency shows no trend either. 1 loss in '08, 3 in '10, and 1 in '11).
Although I will concede that Danielson and Dye both have a lot of football knowledge, to take those very few data points and attempt to devise a plan to defeat Saban's Crimson Tide is a real stretch.
If I were to offer a team strategy for a win over Bama, I would say:
1. Prepare to play 60 minutes of the fiercest football you have ever played.
2. Do not make any mental errors....none.
3. Do your job on every play, without error.
4. Be in the best physical condition of your life. You will have to play to your level of excellence for the entire 4th quarter.

Do that, and you will be in the best position to win. You may not win because Bama has incredible talent at every position, and may just be a better team. But, you will have the best chance.

Lets see...did I miss anything? Pretty simple really. Just 4 steps. RTR

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Do you think they let the Heisman talk get to them? And expected too much of AJ to have a good night? Because we were running successfully, not sure why we didn't stick to it.
I think coaches, even coaches as good as ours, outsmart themselves sometimes. We nearly lost the '09 UT game because we kept trying to throw the ball to Julio down near the goal line. We ran it all the way down there, but we then seemed obsessed with throwing the ball. I know we need to be able to throw the ball, and I like balance as much as anyone. If they can't stop the run, though, I say keep shoving it down their throats.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.