Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC aerospace_ray's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Officiating last Saturday night.

Concur. Looked like a veteran group that was not rattled by the teams/coaches/noise, etc. Not perfect, but it could have been a lot worse in that atmosphere. RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

They kept control of the game which is in stark constrast to what happened in the UGA-UF game.

Was impressed that after the LSU fullback (#44 Copeland) did the mile high salute after a 4 yard gain, one of the officials pulled him aside and warned him. That was a good job of letting the players play, but not losing control of the game.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    They kept control of the game which is in stark constrast to what happened in the UGA-UF game.

Was impressed that after the LSU fullback (#44 Copeland) did the mile high salute after a 4 yard gain, one of the officials pulled him aside and warned him. That was a good job of letting the players play, but not losing control of the game.
    That should have been a penalty, you've had "warnings" all the way from popwarner. Should have been a penalty just like the phone call gesture mettenberger made, as well as the tackle of Yeldon that continued 3 yards out of bounds.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    Thought that was a great job by the officails the other night. Unlike previous LSU/Alabama games.

Now that you mention it, you are absolutely correct!

For the first time since I can rememeber, the refs didn't decide the game.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BornABamaFan View Post
    I thought so too, but the offensive pass interference had me a bit perplexed.....
    Yeah, but other than that one, no complaints.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Yeah, you get your warning at the beginning of the game when the Refs meet with the Captains.

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    That should have been a penalty, you've had "warnings" all the way from popwarner. Should have been a penalty just like the phone call gesture mettenberger made, as well as the tackle of Yeldon that continued 3 yards out of bounds.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Yeah, but other than that one, no complaints.
    Eli said it was an All Star crew not Owens regular crew.

All our passes to the sidelines they did a good job of marking & calling the catch.

They are human & don't catch everything but as far as playing AT LSU the got a fair hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    It certainly got JPW penalized...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American

Didn't you know? We hold every play!

Why, Alabama OL tackles DL on every team, then does horrible, horrible things to them while on the ground as a form of psychological warfare!! /sarcasm
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    When Gary and Verne said Mettenberger did that, I jumped up screaming he should be penalized since JP was. That was probably my anger getting the best of me.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    I think the only bad call they had was the offensive pass interference. Should have been a no call.

BamaNation All-American 37bamagrl's Avatar

I'm still perplexed why the clock stopped at 13 seconds. The guy didn't go out of bounds, and the ref signaled that he didn't. The guy got up a little hobbily but immediately stepped onto the sideline. and it seemed to me they didn't start the clock until mettenberger snapped it.

Plus, is there some sort of clock runoff when you have an injury? or why wouldn't they just act like someone is hurt (goodness knows lsu appears to be good at that)

oh and the pi call on us was crap. and i also thought that the play before Yeldon's TD, the throw to Norwood in the endzone, seem like a little more than legs getting tangled, the LSU guy fell into Norwood's legs and knocked him down. but i can see how in live play that would be hard to see.
    Its always a difficult decision to leave any place, and it is a decision I am never going to make again, Saban said when asked about coaches moving from one job to another. I am where I am. If they get a football team at Lake Burton, I might go there. Otherwise, I am where I am. - Nick Saban 6-1-2010

"Let's go be champions boys!" McElroy

TIDE-HSV 12-26-09 "Sadly for the rest of the conference, Nick has become a Bama Man.."

BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think JPW is the only player to get penalized for doing it, though it has been done by quite a few QBs over the past 5-6 years.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.