Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Officiating last Saturday night.

The no call on the gestures was poor, but overall this game shows that we can have decent officiating in the SEC, we just usually don't. I agree that the clock management on LSU's last three plays was not right and it would have been a firestorm if they had scored.

The problem with the no call on Norwood is that I'm pretty sure if he doesn't go to the ground right there, he catches a touch down pass. It's one thing if a couple of players get tangled up and stumble, but if the receiver with a chance to catch a ball in the end zone gets taken down, well, I'll just say that gets called more often than not.

Wish we could have an "all star" crew this Saturday afternoon, but my guess is that we'll end up back to some version of Keystone Kops. They were on the edge of a massive embarrassing situation with UGA FLA. Don't expect that in any game we are involved in, but SEC officiating has to improve.

Oh, and there's no reason to believe it if Verne tells you a touchdown is worth six points - he's guessing.
    Roll Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

officials were pretty dam good, the offensive interference was bogus and the contact in the endzone on the last drive was mutual. i just don't like refs calling bs per foul penalties in a big time SEC game. they didn't.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skrayper77 View Post
    Didn't you know? We hold every play!

Why, Alabama OL tackles DL on every team, then does horrible, horrible things to them while on the ground as a form of psychological warfare!! /sarcasm

This is exactly what you will read on Tiger Droppings. It's never a ending whine regarding officials. They have digressed to the level of API fans. It is something to behold a consistant top 5 team fan base complaining in such a manner.

Most are convinced as long as the SEC offices are in Birmingham, Bama will be benefit. Of course they have no explanation of what went on 1997-2006. Obviously that would destroy the myth they hang onto.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Where do LSU fans get the no-calls-on-Bama-holding notions? For the life of me, I have no idea where they get that from and they do it en masse. I guess one person says it and to make themselves feel better, they jump on it. who knows?
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Where do LSU fans get the no-calls-on-Bama-holding notions? For the life of me, I have no idea where they get that from and they do it en masse. I guess one person says it and to make themselves feel better, they jump on it. who knows?
    On the catch from Norwood before the fade to the endzone, I believe it was the third play of the drive, T.J Yeldon looked like he was holding a blitzing OLB off the edge. I even thought to myself, wow we were lucky that didn't get called, hand placement is everything, and to me it looked like his hand were in the wrong place..

And offensive P.I.. Weak.

Other than that, I thought the refs did a great job.
    Last edited by dWarriors88; November 8th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

It was pretty good by SEC standards, but that "offensive" pass interference call against Alabama when the defender had him in an ARMBAR for 20 yards made me want to throw something.
    Rest In Peace, Little Buddy. Pawpaw Loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    When Gary and Verne said Mettenberger did that, I jumped up screaming he should be penalized since JP was. That was probably my anger getting the best of me.
    I thought so too, but I remember the officials grabbing JPW and trying to stop him, then JPW jerked his arm loose and continued with the gesture. That was the reason for the flag.
    Rest In Peace, Little Buddy. Pawpaw Loves you.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They "assembled" an "Allstar" crew for this game because of the magnitude of the game itself. Why can't they just employ refs who would fit in the "allstar" stays? No reason for the SEC to be the conference we are and have such lousy officiating at most games.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They "assembled" an "Allstar" crew for this game because of the magnitude of the game itself. Why can't they just employ refs who would fit in the "allstar" status? No reason for the SEC to be the conference we are and have such lousy officiating at most games.