Officiating last Saturday night.

socalbamafan123

Scout Team
May 26, 2010
officials were pretty dam good, the offensive interference was bogus and the contact in the endzone on the last drive was mutual. i just don't like refs calling bs per foul penalties in a big time SEC game. they didn't.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Didn't you know? We hold every play!

Why, Alabama OL tackles DL on every team, then does horrible, horrible things to them while on the ground as a form of psychological warfare!! /sarcasm

This is exactly what you will read on Tiger Droppings. It's never a ending whine regarding officials. They have digressed to the level of API fans. It is something to behold a consistant top 5 team fan base complaining in such a manner.

Most are convinced as long as the SEC offices are in Birmingham, Bama will be benefit. Of course they have no explanation of what went on 1997-2006. Obviously that would destroy the myth they hang onto. :rolleyes:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Where do LSU fans get the no-calls-on-Bama-holding notions? For the life of me, I have no idea where they get that from and they do it en masse. I guess one person says it and to make themselves feel better, they jump on it. who knows?

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Where do LSU fans get the no-calls-on-Bama-holding notions? For the life of me, I have no idea where they get that from and they do it en masse. I guess one person says it and to make themselves feel better, they jump on it. who knows?
On the catch from Norwood before the fade to the endzone, I believe it was the third play of the drive, T.J Yeldon looked like he was holding a blitzing OLB off the edge. I even thought to myself, wow we were lucky that didn't get called, hand placement is everything, and to me it looked like his hand were in the wrong place..

And offensive P.I.. Weak.

Other than that, I thought the refs did a great job.

Last edited:

bmcklv

All-American
Nov 27, 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
It was pretty good by SEC standards, but that "offensive" pass interference call against Alabama when the defender had him in an ARMBAR for 20 yards made me want to throw something.

bmcklv

All-American
Nov 27, 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
When Gary and Verne said Mettenberger did that, I jumped up screaming he should be penalized since JP was. That was probably my anger getting the best of me. :D
I thought so too, but I remember the officials grabbing JPW and trying to stop him, then JPW jerked his arm loose and continued with the gesture. That was the reason for the flag.

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
They "assembled" an "Allstar" crew for this game because of the magnitude of the game itself. Why can't they just employ refs who would fit in the "allstar" stays? No reason for the SEC to be the conference we are and have such lousy officiating at most games.

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
They "assembled" an "Allstar" crew for this game because of the magnitude of the game itself. Why can't they just employ refs who would fit in the "allstar" status? No reason for the SEC to be the conference we are and have such lousy officiating at most games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.