Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

Don't complain too much about LSU "giving away" this game. And that Mett just outplayed AJ in all aspects of the game.

In that final 1:34, AJ led the drive and scored with 0:51 left. It took him 43 seconds. If Mett was playing better than AJ, then 51 seconds was more than enough time.

Mett's final drive?

2-2, 5 yards, and sacked. Total drive - negative 1 yards.

When it mattered most, AJ was the better QB.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

Good point. And are LSU fans still banned? I'm not complaining if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by BSBHVR2 View Post
    Good point. And are LSU fans still banned? I'm not complaining if they are.
    They are and it will probably continue...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

It's a shame because some of LSU's fans are some of the most knowledgeable college football fans out there. The problem is the majority of their fans are completely delusional.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    They are and it will probably continue...
    There was one I liked, it's been so long I can't remember his name but he was always insightful and rational (something with fish in it if I remember right). Maybe he can get grandfathered back in haha. Don't remember any others that added anything positive to the board.
    Last edited by RollTide1224; November 6th, 2012 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
    It's a shame because some of LSU's fans are some of the most knowledgeable college football fans out there. The problem is the majority of their fans are completely delusional.
    The few have spoiled it for the many. There was a board takeover which had to be stopped and which will never happen again...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    The few have spoiled it for the many. There was a board takeover which had to be stopped and which will never happen again...
    That was ridiculous and I for one appreciate the effort. There were some really good posters that had been excellent guests, but even they got chippy with the bad influence around.

Quote Originally Posted by skrayper77 View Post
    Don't complain too much about LSU "giving away" this game. And that Mett just outplayed AJ in all aspects of the game.

In that final 1:34, AJ led the drive and scored with 0:51 left. It took him 43 seconds. If Mett was playing better than AJ, then 51 seconds was more than enough time.

Mett's final drive?

2-2, 5 yards, and sacked. Total drive - negative 1 yards.

When it mattered most, AJ was the better QB.
    Not to mention our guy was hitting the sidelines just past the first down marker. Their guy was throwing up the middle, short of a first down, allowing the clock to continue moving unless LSU suddenly got "hurt".

I didn't find this place until after the ban, both sorry and glad I missed all the fun at the same time.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Not to mention our guy was hitting the sidelines just past the first down marker. Their guy was throwing up the middle, short of a first down, allowing the clock to continue moving unless LSU suddenly got "hurt".

I didn't find this place until after the ban, both sorry and glad I missed all the fun at the same time.
    Well, the "knowledgeable" who poster that some are referring to (pre-ban), replied to one of my posts that Mathieu would make everyone forget all about Patrick Peterson (and he was referring to his on-field skills, not off-the-field behavior). Not sure that his homerism didn't occasionally take over.

To be fair, if the last drive taught us anything, it was that we were wasting our time with the blitz.

We got pressure on Mett on the final two snaps with a 3-man rush. That's why he dumped off to Hill on the second snap - he was about to be sacked.

Maybe our coaches will trust the line to handle the job and let us go back to playing Alabama D. This exercise in the blitz almost cost us the game.

To be fair, if the last drive taught us anything, it was that we were wasting our time with the blitz.

We got pressure on Mett on the final two snaps with a 3-man rush. That's why he dumped off to Hill on the second snap - he was about to be sacked.

Maybe our coaches will trust the line to handle the job and let us go back to playing Alabama D. This exercise in the blitz almost cost us the game.
    Before the game, I think we developed the attitude of "why not blitz Mett?" We just didn't get the point quickly enough that he was giving us a lesson in why not to blitz him.

Before the game, I think we developed the attitude of "why not blitz Mett?" We just didn't get the point quickly enough that he was giving us a lesson in why not to blitz him.
    Sad, but true. Just don't tell any LSU fans that - they're certain that it was 100% LSU being better than us that led to all that, and certainly NOT the idea that maybe we over thought this game.

I'm sorry, but if we had stuck to the running game and our base defense, it would've been another route. We made a game out of something that shouldn't have been one.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Sad, but true. Just don't tell any LSU fans that - they're certain that it was 100% LSU being better than us that led to all that, and certainly NOT the idea that maybe we over thought this game.

I'm sorry, but if we had stuck to the running game and our base defense, it would've been another route. We made a game out of something that shouldn't have been one.
    I strongly agree with that. Running game was abandoned. We actually gained more rushing yards than they did. TJ and Circle Button was gashing them and they had no answer for the screen passes. Plus, we seemed to make mistakes right when we are about to take control. It we don't fumble, TJ walks in the end zone. This was a clean game, refs were good. We just took the win away from them. The defense played well enough. They just made plays that are normally not made. We got them into third and long but just couldn't stick it to them. But here comes
    that drive!
    ROLL TIDE!