Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 55
  1. #14
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    7,094
    Recipes
    2
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    There was one I liked, it's been so long I can't remember his name but he was always insightful and rational (something with fish in it if I remember right). Maybe he can get grandfathered back in haha. Don't remember any others that added anything positive to the board.
    Fishhead? He was pretty reasonable. But I remember the invasion that led to the policy move and totally agree with it.

    FWIW, I agree with some of the LSU fans who believe Miles blew it.

    He made several very questionable coaching decisions that put his team in bad spots.

    Granted, Alabama had the troops to execute at the end. Miles didn't lose the game per se. Alabama won it with a little help from the opposite sideline.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

    Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #15
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arab, AL
    Posts
    8,271
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    LSU's dominance only occurred in the third and fourth quarters (until that final drive). The first half was largely a draw on which team was playing better, but Alabama finished drives where LSU did not.

    And in that second half, it took Alabama's offense completely going to sleep before LSU really got going. (and they did. LSU never stopped an Alabama drive so much as we shot ourselves in the foot with missed opportunities to convert third downs. Receivers were open and AJ missed them...)

    So while LSU did outplay Alabama for a lot of the game, they didn't outplay Alabama for 58:30 as I've seen a lot of the media say. I agree that Les Miles over coached the game... he was coaching like Alabama was the better team when in reality LSU was just as good and was outplaying Alabama to a level that simply coaching a conservative game would have won the game. My theory is that Miles coached conservatively last year in Tuscaloosa and it paid off because we shot ourselves in the foot. In New Orleans, he didn't adjust and we destroyed them. So he went back to his old gambling ways in Baton Rouge and of course, it backfired.

  4. #16
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    19,305
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    The only bad call Miles made was the fake field goal. I believe we shot ourselves in the foot on our fumbles. Both were just at bad moments.
    ROLL TIDE!

  5. #17
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arab, AL
    Posts
    8,271
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    The only bad call Miles made was the fake field goal. I believe we shot ourselves in the foot on our fumbles. Both were just at bad moments.
    I agree that the other gambles weren't necessarily bad decisions. The onside kick would have worked if it was properly executed. The decision to go for it on 4th and 1 was a good one, but that was a stupid play to run. Everyone knew Spencer Ware would keep the ball...

    But I don't believe Miles needed any of those in order to win the game.

  6. #18
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    7,094
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    But I don't believe Miles needed any of those in order to win the game.
    Totally agree. Hence my reference to "a little help" from LSU's coaching.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

    Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

  7. #19

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
    It's a shame because some of LSU's fans are some of the most knowledgeable college football fans out there when sober. The problem is the majority of their fans are completely drunk.
    FIFY

  8. #20

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    The only bad call Miles made was the fake field goal. I believe we shot ourselves in the foot on our fumbles. Both were just at bad moments.

    I actually think he was thinking that his kicker couldn't make the field goal. It was around a 44 yarder, he missed the one over 50 and later in the game missed the 45 yard one. So he knew he wasn't confident to make it.

    But when you are 4th and 12 and Bama is playing safe, why fake it? He should have tried or punted the ball.
    Roll Tide

  9. #21

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Can't we create a sub-board like we had for all of the Auburn scandal stuff and allow LSU fans back in there?

  10. #22

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    LSU's dominance only occurred in the third and fourth quarters (until that final drive). The first half was largely a draw on which team was playing better, but Alabama finished drives where LSU did not.

    And in that second half, it took Alabama's offense completely going to sleep before LSU really got going. (and they did. LSU never stopped an Alabama drive so much as we shot ourselves in the foot with missed opportunities to convert third downs. Receivers were open and AJ missed them...)

    So while LSU did outplay Alabama for a lot of the game, they didn't outplay Alabama for 58:30 as I've seen a lot of the media say. I agree that Les Miles over coached the game... he was coaching like Alabama was the better team when in reality LSU was just as good and was outplaying Alabama to a level that simply coaching a conservative game would have won the game. My theory is that Miles coached conservatively last year in Tuscaloosa and it paid off because we shot ourselves in the foot. In New Orleans, he didn't adjust and we destroyed them. So he went back to his old gambling ways in Baton Rouge and of course, it backfired.

    Agree.
    We had two touchdown drives to their one fg in the first half, so LSU hardly dominated all game. They did out-play Bama much of the 2nd half and I've not seen many Bama fans argue that point; 3rd qtr we had one good drive that was stalled due to the fumbled exchange at the 10 YD LINE. No doubt we'd have scored points on that drive, we had momentum and was running it on their defense. AJ's miss on wide-open Amari Cooper earlier was likely a td as well.

    As for LM questionable calls, to me it was more the timing of those calls that was bad. I think everyone expected him to try a fake a fg at some point (Bama apparently did for sure) but one that was more manageable, not on 4th and 12; I think that's where Les' ego may have gotten him or he had no trust in his team to stay with Bama without some trick plays. The others also weren't as questionable except for mainly the timing of them. I thought LSU had the momentum at the time of the the on-side kick attempt, so why try it? Their two-minute offense there at the last was poorly executed as well. They were either shell-shocked or didn't have one ready, and imho that was just a big an issue as some of the earlier calls most are talking about.
    Last edited by Crimson Cat; November 6th, 2012 at 09:33 AM.

  11. #23
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga, USA
    Posts
    15,288

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Before the game, I think we developed the attitude of "why not blitz Mett?" We just didn't get the point quickly enough that he was giving us a lesson in why not to blitz him.
    i think miles game planned expecting the blitz/pressure and they had developed routes that hit our soft spots. at least that's what it seemed like
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

    -Bertrand Russell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

    — Thomas Pynchon

  12. #24

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    Can't we create a sub-board like we had for all of the Auburn scandal stuff and allow LSU fans back in there?
    We would have to also create some sort of virtual hazmat shower to enter or exit that sub-board. I don't think current technology has a solution to this problem.

  13. #25

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I agree that the other gambles weren't necessarily bad decisions. The onside kick would have worked if it was properly executed. The decision to go for it on 4th and 1 was a good one, but that was a stupid play to run. Everyone knew Spencer Ware would keep the ball...

    But I don't believe Miles needed any of those in order to win the game.
    Other than the fake fg this was the worst call he made for the reasons you state.

    If they get in the I-formation and run their bruising tail back behind their 270 lb fullback they make that fourth and one try 9 out of 10 times. So good decision to go for it, but bad play call!

  14. #26
    BamaNation All-SEC Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,077
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The few have spoiled it for the many. There was a board takeover which had to be stopped and which will never happen again...
    I lurk on Tiger Droppings, and as mentioned in a post in a different thread, the norm / default tone on that site is vile, venomous, vulgar, belittling, insulting, and the like...

    It is the complete opposite of Tidefans.

    I couldn't endorse your position more strongly, Earle...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!