Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    He didn't have the ball in his hands when he stood up so I think he might have fumbled the ball out of bounds thus stopping the clock.

He didn't fumble the ball. The clock was stopped due to the RB limping off the field. If it had been fumbled out of bounds, the clock would have started on the snap instead of the whistle, which it was. I thought a run off should have been enforced there too or at least not stopped. The player did the right thing and ran off the field. The official messed up in calling time out. Oh well, thankfully it didn't affect the outcome.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    He didn't fumble the ball. The clock was stopped due to the RB limping off the field. If it had been fumbled out of bounds, the clock would have started on the snap instead of the whistle, which it was. I thought a run off should have been enforced there too or at least not stopped. The player did the right thing and ran off the field. The official messed up in calling time out. Oh well, thankfully it didn't affect the outcome.
    He had a total of two yards for a 1st down and enough room to pick up at least 6, probably more. #33's instincts to bypass that opportunity to get 1st down and stop to clock and spend twice the amount with a failed B-Line to out of bounds was crazy. But that goes back to coaching. He should have known where the 1st down was, and that a 1st down also stops the clock. I could not believe he ran 25 yards to try to make the sideline when he could have fallen over for a first down.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Any meltdowns yet... Just asking.