Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Can't we create a sub-board like we had for all of the Auburn scandal stuff and allow LSU fans back in there?

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
LSU's dominance only occurred in the third and fourth quarters (until that final drive). The first half was largely a draw on which team was playing better, but Alabama finished drives where LSU did not.

And in that second half, it took Alabama's offense completely going to sleep before LSU really got going. (and they did. LSU never stopped an Alabama drive so much as we shot ourselves in the foot with missed opportunities to convert third downs. Receivers were open and AJ missed them...)

So while LSU did outplay Alabama for a lot of the game, they didn't outplay Alabama for 58:30 as I've seen a lot of the media say. I agree that Les Miles over coached the game... he was coaching like Alabama was the better team when in reality LSU was just as good and was outplaying Alabama to a level that simply coaching a conservative game would have won the game. My theory is that Miles coached conservatively last year in Tuscaloosa and it paid off because we shot ourselves in the foot. In New Orleans, he didn't adjust and we destroyed them. So he went back to his old gambling ways in Baton Rouge and of course, it backfired.

Agree.
We had two touchdown drives to their one fg in the first half, so LSU hardly dominated all game. They did out-play Bama much of the 2nd half and I've not seen many Bama fans argue that point; 3rd qtr we had one good drive that was stalled due to the fumbled exchange at the 10 YD LINE. No doubt we'd have scored points on that drive, we had momentum and was running it on their defense. AJ's miss on wide-open Amari Cooper earlier was likely a td as well.

As for LM questionable calls, to me it was more the timing of those calls that was bad. I think everyone expected him to try a fake a fg at some point (Bama apparently did for sure) but one that was more manageable, not on 4th and 12; I think that's where Les' ego may have gotten him or he had no trust in his team to stay with Bama without some trick plays. The others also weren't as questionable except for mainly the timing of them. I thought LSU had the momentum at the time of the the on-side kick attempt, so why try it? Their two-minute offense there at the last was poorly executed as well. They were either shell-shocked or didn't have one ready, and imho that was just a big an issue as some of the earlier calls most are talking about.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Before the game, I think we developed the attitude of "why not blitz Mett?" We just didn't get the point quickly enough that he was giving us a lesson in why not to blitz him.
i think miles game planned expecting the blitz/pressure and they had developed routes that hit our soft spots. at least that's what it seemed like

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Can't we create a sub-board like we had for all of the Auburn scandal stuff and allow LSU fans back in there?
We would have to also create some sort of virtual hazmat shower to enter or exit that sub-board. I don't think current technology has a solution to this problem.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I agree that the other gambles weren't necessarily bad decisions. The onside kick would have worked if it was properly executed. The decision to go for it on 4th and 1 was a good one, but that was a stupid play to run. Everyone knew Spencer Ware would keep the ball...

But I don't believe Miles needed any of those in order to win the game.
Other than the fake fg this was the worst call he made for the reasons you state.

If they get in the I-formation and run their bruising tail back behind their 270 lb fullback they make that fourth and one try 9 out of 10 times. So good decision to go for it, but bad play call!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The few have spoiled it for the many. There was a board takeover which had to be stopped and which will never happen again...
I lurk on Tiger Droppings, and as mentioned in a post in a different thread, the norm / default tone on that site is vile, venomous, vulgar, belittling, insulting, and the like...

It is the complete opposite of Tidefans.

I couldn't endorse your position more strongly, Earle...

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Other than the fake fg this was the worst call he made for the reasons you state.

If they get in the I-formation and run their bruising tail back behind their 270 lb fullback they make that fourth and one try 9 out of 10 times. So good decision to go for it, but bad play call!
9 out of 10...I'm going to have to bet my house, car, wife, dog, kid, left kidney, and all future earnings on the under on that one! :eek:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree that the other gambles weren't necessarily bad decisions. The onside kick would have worked if it was properly executed. The decision to go for it on 4th and 1 was a good one, but that was a stupid play to run. Everyone knew Spencer Ware would keep the ball...

But I don't believe Miles needed any of those in order to win the game.
That's always the problem with an object shaped like a football. You can tell where a soccer ball is going. In this case, the second the ball hit on its point, it bounced back into the kicker. It wasn't his fault...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
9 out of 10...I'm going to have to bet my house, car, wife, dog, kid, left kidney, and all future earnings on the under on that one! :eek:
lol...if you think my statement is out there...right back at you. :wink:

But did you see when they ran behind their fullback what happened???

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Fishhead? He was pretty reasonable. But I remember the invasion that led to the policy move and totally agree with it.
Beyond that, the way some people *ahem* used this board and begged us for protection when they would get hammered for saying stupid things then turned around and hung those very mods out to dry on LSU boards where they were admin was enough for me.

I don't like painting in generalities, but ,as often as not, even the 'good ones' we had here were incredibly hypocritical...

Maybe one day the fan base as a whole will mature, but for right now, they seem to think being passionate about your team is defined by incredibly immature and rude behavior.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Beyond that, the way some people *ahem* used this board and begged us for protection when they would get hammered for saying stupid things then turned around and hung those very mods out to dry on LSU boards where they were admin was enough for me.

I don't like painting in generalities, but ,as often as not, even the 'good ones' we had here were incredibly hypocritical...

Maybe one day the fan base as a whole will mature, but for right now, they seem to think being passionate about your team is defined by incredibly immature and rude behavior.
That cartoon character was bad to talk reasonably while here but really ripping us when he got on his board.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Friendly and LSU lurker are nearly antonyms.

I do like using lurker. A seedy LSU lurker enviously watching from the shadows.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

There is a truly unhealthy hatred of Nick Saban and Alabama going on with them. I don't understand it. Florida fans have never acted towards Spurrier this way, despite the fact that he took over a division rival. I'm sure it has a lot to do with Saban's dominance here. But holding on to all that poison isn't a good thing for that fanbase.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Even if they had made that late 45 yarder they missed, that would still have put them up by only six points, with time on the clock...
That is why I consider this to be Miles' worst decision. He had a chance to end the game on a 4th and 6 play. Zach was playing out of his mind. When their FG unit came onto the field, I cheered. Hit it or miss it, Alabama still had a chance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.