A Barner's Take On TJ Yeldon's Winning TD.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
"Yeldon is a good player, but what happened on that screen pass is obvious. LSU prepped for Lacy and they basically contained him. They were clearly not prepared for Yeldon as a receiver and any Auburn fan knows he's a better receiver out of the backfield than actual true RB. He's pretty average as a pure runner. Bama coaches are good and they cought LSU flat footed. Same play goes to Mason and it is a touchdown. Yeldon didn't do anything special. I give the player credit, but their OC deserves the real credit for calling the screen. "

This gem is from one of the village idiot's on ITAT.

their hatred and pure jealousy is truly blinding their logic on all things in Life. :conf3:

btw, I confused with his Lacy statement. EL wasn't even in the game for that play let alone the 4th quarter.

IIRC, Lacy had nearly 80 yards and a TD, contained what???

the rest I just shook my head in disbelief.....

this post was from 'What Did Yeldon Flip For'. the majority of boogs in their infinite wisdom all believe Bama bought him.
:rolleye2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
"Yeldon is a good player, but what happened on that screen pass is obvious. LSU prepped for Lacy and they basically contained him. They were clearly not prepared for Yeldon as a receiver and any Auburn fan knows he's a better receiver out of the backfield than actual true RB. He's pretty average as a pure runner. Bama coaches are good and they cought LSU flat footed. Same play goes to Mason and it is a touchdown. Yeldon didn't do anything special. I give the player credit, but their OC deserves the real credit for calling the screen. "

their hatred and pure jealousy is truly blinding their logic on all things in Life. :conf3:

btw, I confused with his Lacy statement. EL wasn't even in the game for that play let alone the 4th quarter.

this post was from 'What Did Yeldon Flip For'. the majority of boogs in their infinite wisdom all believe Bama bought him.
I think it was George Carlin who said that one should remember that approximately half the people you interact with will have an IQ of below 100. If you want to increase the odds of meeting the under, then that's the board to visit...

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Funny thing that he is just average as a pure runner and they focused on Lacy. Lacy averaged 7.5 yards a carry and Yeldon 6.9. Plus Yeldon has 46 yards more than Lacy on 16 less carries for a 7 yard per rush average. Isn't it great how once the player isn't yours anymore, they automatically suck?

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
They have got to be the dumbest fans I know. They continually make up excuses for Bama winning from steroids to Bama paying players. They actually showed a pic of a camaro with a kid standing outside of it, insinuating that it was Yeldon and Bama had either gave it to him or the new jobs his parents suddenly got from Bama boosters is why he flipped. Come to find out it was a clemson player. Total and complete morons, if they were relatives of mine I'd disown em.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I can't wait to see our "average" RB uncork a few long TDs on the barners.........:cool2:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Defending players from every obviously idiotic Auburn fan is pointless, but I will say that less than half of the starting FBS running-backs would have scored. They would have either dropped the pass from nerves or been tagged at the 25 from lack of speed after the catch. Past that point a good percentage would have scored, but Yeldon's fluid mechanics were NFL caliber.........and he was in HS less than a year ago.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
LOL, this coming from the fan of a team that has regained confidence in their coach after beating New Mexico State for their 2nd win of the year. :pDT_hah:

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I think it was George Carlin who said that one should remember that approximately half the people you interact with will have an IQ of below 100. If you want to increase the odds of meeting the under, then that's the board to visit...
Carlin's quote
“Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!”

In all my life, being from South Alabama I've only known one smart Auburn fan. ONE! The rest, well, I won't go there because some are close friends or my
best friend's mother. He's in Afghanistan right now fighting for the country and I feel he's relieved over there because he doesn't have to here it from Bama fans this season. He knew they lost someone when he flipped and as bad as he didn't want to admit it he knew they would be terrible after Cam left. They roll trees when they beat lil sisters of the poor, look at what we do when we take down the giants. Big difference in fan bases.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Well, I'm glad the 2-7 Auburn fan explained that for me. I wasn't sure what we had with Yeldon..

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
They have got to be the dumbest fans I know. They continually make up excuses for Bama winning from steroids to Bama paying players. They actually showed a pic of a camaro with a kid standing outside of it, insinuating that it was Yeldon and Bama had either gave it to him or the new jobs his parents suddenly got from Bama boosters is why he flipped. Come to find out it was a clemson player. Total and complete morons, if they were relatives of mine I'd disown em.
the same poster still blames Tubbs for their 2011-12 demise. see a trend with him ?? suffice to say, most the of boogs are now shooting down that excuse these days. they are now just beginning to accept the fact what most of us in the country already knew about Chizik and Co.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
This maybe the only thing George Carlin was ever quoted as saying that would not get you suspended from this board...very impressive! :wink:

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
I have never seen such a collection of fans with so little football knowledge.

Precious few of them saw this season coming. We did. Everyone else in the SEC did, too.

Yeldon is one of the most siippery, speedy and mature backs I've seen at any level.

As that final play was about to snap, I said "I'm looking for a screen to the weakside."

In the 4-3 alignment, the weakside bubble is the defense's most vulnerable area. Get the ball to an open field runner out there and it's gonna go big.

Tidefans.com readers are nodding their heads in agreement.

boog lurkers are asking WTH did he just say?? :conf3:

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
That take is just the standard response of little brother aubie. All around them are reminders of how great it is to be a Crimson Tide fan. They just be sulking......

Last edited:

KittyKatKiller

3rd Team
Mar 3, 2011
We should petition the Gov. to allow Auburn to have 13 men on the field on defense. Thats the only shot they got at stopping W.R. Yeldon.:biggrin:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well, I guess I can live with him topping out at 7ypc as a runner since he's not likely to improve any on that.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Unless my eyes deceived me, we ran this play in the first half and Lacy caught the pass
for a gain.

I know that Barn fans are excellent judges of recruits. ;)
I'm just glad that TJ wasn't up to the Auburn standard.
Obviously lacking in 'Convictions'... Sorry... I know it was Snarky.
Truth is that Auburn fans have ulcers thinking of the ones 'They nearly got'...
Kind of like 'Moral Victories' .
Here's my take: S.N.A.S.S.
(Yeldon figured that out too.)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.