Would Mathieu have made a difference Saturday night for lsu?

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
If he was playing I have no doubt in my mind that they would have SMOKED us...:cool2:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I could care less what would have happened if an overrated cover guy who received unjustified hype and has not played a down all year because he didn't learn anything from his prior offenses was in the game. Alabama's defense lost four top draft picks off the defense that surrendered 9 points in eight-plus quarters.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I tend to think that he was a private cancer on the team last year, spreading bad habits, which overbalanced whatever benefit he had for the team. I think they're better off without him and I hope, strictly for their sakes, that his last offense ended his comeback hopes. OTOH, if they bring him back, it will be to their detriment...

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Anybody remember the "other CB" #17 Morris Claiborne??? 1st team All American, 1st All SEC, Jim Thorpe recipient and was drafted 6th overall by the Cowboys. He was way better as a CB than Honey Badger. He would have had more of an impact.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Anybody remember the "other CB" #17 Morris Claiborne??? 1st team All American, 1st All SEC, Jim Thorpe recipient and was drafted 6th overall by the Cowboys. He was way better as a CB than Honey Badger. He would have had more of an impact.
Yes, and he stepped right in as an outstanding pro...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I tend to think that he was a private cancer on the team last year, spreading bad habits, which overbalanced whatever benefit he had for the team. I think they're better off without him and I hope, strictly for their sakes, that his last offense ended his comeback hopes. OTOH, if they bring him back, it will be to their detriment...
You are spot on as usual. LSU is better off today minus Mathieu, Jefferson, and probably several others. I think Les may be lucky that he is gone or things may have gotten a lot worse as whole with him on the team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.