Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 11/6/12

Defensive end Damion Square was asked if Alabama needed such a test after trailing for all of 15 seconds in the first eight games. "I don't think you ever need a game like that, but you know they come," Square said. "I've been playing college football for a while and every year we have one like that. You never know when it's going to show up, but coach always says to practice your best so when your best is needed, you can bring it out. And our best was needed and we brought it out."
    Bama must come back to earth with Aggies up | MailTribune.com

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

"It was a crazy experience last week," offensive lineman Cyrus Kouandjio said. "Now itís time to move on. I had my 24 hours to reflect on the game. Now all Iím worried about is the Texas A&M team and its defensive front, which is pretty impressive." Linebacker C.J. Mosley echoed his coachís words. "Itís time. Itís time to get ready for Texas A&M," he said. "So that game is done and over with. What happened, happened. Weíve just got to get ready for this game."
    Crimson Tide begins preparing for Texas A&M | The Crimson White

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

"It obviously was a good drive in the two-minute," Alabama coach Nick Saban said. "Weíve never really had to use the two-minute." Even so, the Tide practices it regularly each Thursday inside its indoor practice facility. The players say itís ready when needed, such as the last game against LSU or maybe Saturdayís home game against No. 15 Texas A&M. Recorded crowd noise fills the facility, and the first-team offense has to go against the Tideís first-team defense. They have only one limit ó they arenít allowed to go full-contact and knock each other all around the building. "Coach Saban basically tells us how many minutes we have left on the clock, how many timeouts we have left, if we need to get a field goal or touchdown," said Alabama receiver Kevin Norwood, who made all five of his receptions Saturday in the hurry-up offense. "We just move the ball as an offense." So, who wins the most: the offense or defense? "Itís kind of 50-50," Norwood said. "The defense wins most of the times, and then we win most of the times. So itís kind of 50-50."
    Two-minute drill works for Tide: Practice makes perfect for Bama against LSU | The Prattville Progress

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The star of Texas A&M's show has been redshirt freshman quarterback Johnny Manziel, who completed 30 of 36 passes for 311 yards against the Bulldogs and rushed 21 times for 129 yards. Manziel threw for 290 yards and rushed for 90 at Auburn despite playing one series into the third quarter. "There have been a number of plays he's made over the course of the year, and some of them were improvised and some of them were called," Sumlin said. "Obviously he has the green light a lot of times to take off, and what you're seeing is our team really, really adjusting to him with some of the downfield blocking that is occurring when he gets loose and with guys working to get open. "We're all playing with a lot of confidence now, and in order to be successful on the road and start the way we've started the last couple of weeks, that confidence level has got to be high."

Bama has 'different' tough test | timesfreepress.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It went barely noticed on Saturday night, but Saban said punter Cody Mandell did what the offense could not Ė flip field position on the Tigers. Mandell averaged 45.1 yards on seven punts. He put two inside the 20 and LSU had just 16 yards total on three punt returns. A 56-yard punt rolled out of the bounds at the LSU 9 and a 55-yarder in the fourth quarter was fair caught at the LSU 18. "It was probably as good a game, consistency-wise, that heís had," Saban said of his punter. "It was really, really important because he did change field positions on several occasions. Thatís what heís capable of doing. Heís gotten more and more consistent. "Certainly it couldnít have happened at a better time for us in terms of him having an outstanding game."
    Bama notebook: Saban not entirely happy with performance | Dothan Eagle

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The system that caused so much controversy in life is causing just as much in its death throes.

Discord Reigns in BCS Playoff Negotiations-Team Speed Kills

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

How does the SEC stack up in C&F's eyes after the latest weekend

SEC Power Poll Ballot-Team Speed Kills

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

A look at the oddities and eccentricities of the voting, including why there will be no BCS busters this time around

Inside the Rankings-Team Speed Kills