Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Does AJ remind you of any NFL quarterbacks currently or in the past?

The one area that scouts don't get to gauge is how our players react to losing. Trent didn't take it so well but is adapting. I do hope that AJ doesn't land with a team like Cleveland, Cincinatti or KC. Brady went to a team that was struggling like the Mannings . but all three had owners who made sure they had order in the house and locker room. A good environment. GMAC let us know about a bad locker room. I hope he gets out of NY

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    I do hope that AJ doesn't land with a team like Cleveland, Cincinatti or KC.
    Well, I won't compare AJ to Eli until / unless AJ acts like a spoiled brat and refuses to sign with the team he's drafted by, as if he deserves something better.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love AJ and he has played very well but he is nowhere close to either Eli or Peyton when they were in college.
    Those guys had rockets on their shoulders and could read any defense that was thrown at them.
    Again, nothing against AJ but my goodness..lol
    He reminds me of Brodie more than anybody except he makes much much better decisions.
    sip

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Well, I won't compare AJ to Eli until / unless AJ acts like a spoiled brat and refuses to sign with the team he's drafted by, as if he deserves something better.
    In his defense a little, I think that was more on his father. No way Eli would have the insight or nerve to do that on his own. I am sure he trusted his father. This is a lot different from a Craig James situation imo.

At 14-2 they fire Schottenheimer and trade away Drew Brees because of his playoff record. That was a stupid move. If they had sat tight for a couple of years they would all be sporting rings. Rivers could have sat on the bench for another year or two, better yet traded.

But I agree that it was unacceptable to refuse a team with the 1st pick. But if you want to be as extreme as start calling out "spoiled brat" I believe there are about a good 20 in front of Eli. His behavior as a quarterback is admirable.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; November 6th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I love AJ and he has played very well but he is nowhere close to either Eli or Peyton when they were in college.
    Those guys had rockets on their shoulders and could read any defense that was thrown at them.
    Again, nothing against AJ but my goodness..lol
    He reminds me of Brodie more than anybody except he makes much much better decisions.
    sip
    By all accounts, AJ has one of the strongest arms in the SEC if not the nation, and his 0 INT's should tell you all you need to know about how well he reads defenses.

I'm not comparing him to either of the Manning's, but if we're only using your two arguments above, then he's every bit as good as they were at those things.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Eli is a much better athlete.
    I've never seen Eli run for a first down, much less touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I'm not sure about that. If not for Eli, Ole Miss isn't in contention for the SEC West in 2003.
    Without AJ we don't _________. Please fill in that blank...
    ROLL TIDE!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I did not intend this thread to be so literally, but reminds you of, in the mold of. I know that AJ is not Eli Manning, but his game resembles his when I think of NFL QB's.

Anyone else?

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I did not intend this thread to be so literally, but reminds you of, in the mold of. I know that AJ is not Eli Manning, but his game resembles his when I think of NFL QB's.

Anyone else?
    He's much more Ryan than Eli, no? Eli throws far too many INT's.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    He's much more Ryan than Eli, no? Eli throws far too many INT's.
    I know he did in college but he also had to pass it a lot more. I know then, with his o-line, that he didn't have the down and field position to throw the ball away as much as AJ.

ELI was 29 to 10 TD-INT as a senior leading his team to the Cotton Bowl. I do bet those extra 15 throws a game make a big difference in having an interception here and there. I am not sure that AJ would have had Ole Miss to the level Eli did, but it might be close?

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Aj is better at decision making than eli. Eli is hard to really judge cuz he is always compared btween 3 qbs. Brady,ben,and peyton. None of those r fair if we r being honest but his underdog story is what makes him a household qb, but can you honestly say he is as good or better than any of those names. Eli lives and dies off of a great defense and a great skill group. He is an above average qb for d pros. As for aj I think bradys is d more fair comparison cuz of his decision making,pocket precense, and ability to switch between game manager and game winner in a moment's notice

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

For me, probably Alex Smith. Same stature and style of play. Neither is really athletic, but both can make plays with their feet when they absolutely have to. Both are asked to manage the game, but capable of hitting the long pass to stretch the defense.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Does AJ remind you of any NFL quarterbacks currently or in the past?

But I agree that it was unacceptable to refuse a team with the 1st pick. But if you want to be as extreme as start calling out "spoiled brat" I believe there are about a good 20 in front of Eli.
    And why is that? I know we are all taught to do what our elders. or the establishment says, but pro football is a job, just like any other job. What right do we have to say who anyone should go work for? If a NFL draft participant has the stones AND the power to call their own shots then I say bravo to them. You don't think the NFL owners wouldn't have crapped all over Eli, or any other player for that matter, if it was a better business decision? Pro football is a cold, cruel business, regardless of what the marketing says.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Honestly, he reminds me a lot of Eli @ Ole Miss in terms of build but Eli has more pure arm talent.