Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Does AJ remind you of any NFL quarterbacks currently or in the past?

Not sure who he reminds me of other than perhaps Montana in some ways, but maybe one day we'll be comparing other young QB's to AJ. That would be nice!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smohabbat View Post
    Flacco isnt slow or anything. If one watches enough Baltimore games they'll see how often he extends plays and the occasional qb scramble up the middle. That said, flacco has a HUGE arm not comparable to anyone in the NFL.

McCarron reminds me of no one really. He's his own player. Can run pretty well for extending plays and his 10-15 yard passes are deadly accurate. I expect to see his deep ball get even more spot on in the off season...it got much better later in the year

I agree on both of these. It doesn't always look pretty, but at least once a game Flacco will escape the pocket and gain 10-15 yards with his feet. He did it again last night. As for his arm, it's probably the strongest in the NFL and definitely in the top three.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Does AJ remind you of any NFL quarterbacks currently or in the past?

Matt Ryan IMO - I think AJ will have a good long NFL career.

BamaNation Third Team

Matt Ryan is the one that comes to mind for me. I believe that, barring injury, McCarron could possibly become an elite QB at the next level. He has the size, smarts, and an above average arm. It'll be interesting to see how his NFL career pans out.