Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

2012 Coaching Carousel thread

Haven't seen this all in one place yet so I thought I'd create it

Current speculation in other threads and on other boards seems to point to (as of 11/6)

The boogs are talking to Petrino (again)

Pigs seem to think they are getting "a Grown Man"

KY seems have a long list on hopefuls but I haven't heard a single solid name yet

Is TN keeping Dooley?

opinions? comments? Inside info anyone?

2. Advertisement

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel thread

The boogs and the common knowledge of caos in the high ranks couple with the whispering of future NCAA problems scares away any big named coach.

It comes down to James Franklin and Gus Malzahn for which they will be lucky to get either.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

I will die of laughter if Arkansas gets Gundy.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I'm not sure Gundy leaves his alma mater and the money of T. Boone Pickens to go to Arkansas. Dooley is teetering, a big time loss to Vandy or Kentucky will send him packing. As for the boogs, Petrino would seem to be the early favorite. UK who cares. This is going to get interesting.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I'm not sure Gundy leaves his alma mater and the money of T. Boone Pickens to go to Arkansas. Dooley is teetering, a big time loss to Vandy or Kentucky will send him packing. As for the boogs, Petrino would seem to be the early favorite. UK who cares. This is going to get interesting.
    Pigs are claiming that T-Boone/Gundy hate one another and that there is a power struggle behind the scenes at Okie State making Gundy want to jump. I have no idea if it's true

A friend of mine who is an Arkansas booster says U Meyer was at Arkansas last week - I told him he was crazy - there was no way Meyer would leave OSU for Arkansas, and he was crazy if he thought so.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

If that is true then Gundy would be an excellent hire for the Hogs or Vols.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    If that is true then Gundy would be an excellent hire for the Hogs or Vols.
    He'd be Petrino with even less defense.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRTR View Post
    A friend of mine who is an Arkansas booster says U Meyer was at Arkansas last week - I told him he was crazy - there was no way Meyer would leave OSU for Arkansas, and he was crazy if he thought so.
    Your friend must be insane or delusional because Urban Meyer isn't taking a step down to leave Ohio State for Arkansas. OSU is arguably the best program in the Big Ten and Meyer's home state. Arkansas isn't on the same level as them.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRTR View Post
    I thought the SEC gave Urban headaches...

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaboda1 View Post
    I thought the SEC gave Urban headaches...
    This is the correct answer. Urban might leave tOSU someday but he will never take another SEC job.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

From coachingsearch.com:

Arkansas: Sources tell me that TCU head coach Gary Patterson has now emerged as the leading candidate for Arkansas head coaching job.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    From coachingsearch.com:

Arkansas: Sources tell me that TCU head coach Gary Patterson has now emerged as the leading candidate for Arkansas head coaching job.
    Now THAT would be an interesting situation. To me it seems like that would be one heck of a pull for the Razorbacks. Do others think he could make Arky more competitive in the long run?