2012 Coaching Carousel thread

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
That was a topic last night on ESPN. Mark May wonders if he would get fired. Thinks Pat Haden isn't a fan, and they can lose the next 3 games. Would make things interesting.
would be a huge mistake for them. Whoever coaches the next 2-3 years at SC is dealing with scolly limitations etc and will have a really rough time of it. Essentially baring a miracle hire the 2013-14 coach will be fired anyway so why not keep kiffykins as the sacrificial lamb?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I am pretty sure Colorado will be looking soon as well.
If Dooley wins out including the bowl game it may buy him another year
If Kiffin loses out would USC fire him?
Cheezit might actually be ok for just one more year.
If Patternson did leave would TCU rehire Fran?
USC is Lame Kitten's 'Hotel California'. He can check out but he can never leave. The reason he and Oregeron are not in Knoxville is because USC couldn't keep their mouths shut there.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Tubs to Arkansas.

RichRod to Auburn.

Sonny Dykes to Kentucky.

I'm throwing darts here, just like everyone else.
O.K., I'll bite.

Agreed with Tubbs to Arky.

Petrino or Taggart to UK.

Malzahn to UT.

Strong, Smart are backup choices for any of the above. Gundy and Rich Rod are dark horses, at best.

I can't imagine who would go to the barn, but somebody will. Swinney?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I can see Tubs to Arkansas, I can also see Taggert, Dykes or Petrino to UK, but Rich Rod to au not likely and UT would be better off keeping Dooley than hiring Malzahn. Everybody get your darts ready. :eek2:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
My addition to the coaching rumors: I've heard rumors from Auburn friends that Jimbo Fisher and his family hate Florida State and that he is a possibility for the boogs. Didn't put much stock on it until he was on Tide & Tigers Today a week or so back and he gushed about how much he loved Auburn and it sounded more like he was speaking to the Auburn PTB than the interviewer. Paul Finebaum also mentioned after that segment that Fisher was in Auburn that same day meeting with friends.

Doesn't mean that he's not flirting with Auburn to get a raise down there either.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Wow. I thought I was stretching it out there with Swinney. Are you serious, Matt? :wink:
Just reporting what has been said both by Auburn fans & by Jimbo himself on the local Saturday show. Can't really find a video because they don't generally put many up online. Rick Karle that was interviewing Jimbo also said after that he had been requested not to ask Jimbo about the Auburn job on the air.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I can think of all kind of reasons Fisher would stay at FSU, but not one reason to go to Lee County.
He was at Auburn with Tater Tot for 5 years or so (QB coach) and claims he loved it there. They do have lovely trailers there.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He was at Auburn with Tater Tot for 5 years or so (QB coach) and claims he loved it there. They do have lovely trailers there.
Pretty sure his wife went to AU, too. Plus, Auburn fans think his son would benefit by being at Auburn with his illness.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Just reporting what has been said both by Auburn fans & by Jimbo himself on the local Saturday show. Can't really find a video because they don't generally put many up online. Rick Karle that was interviewing Jimbo also said after that he had been requested not to ask Jimbo about the Auburn job on the air.
Fisher at Aub doesn't worry me at all. He can barely win in the ACC with FSu's talent what could he possibly do in the SEC with less to work with.

spiguy

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 14, 2006
Pretty sure his wife went to AU, too. Plus, Auburn fans think his son would benefit by being at Auburn with his illness.
His wife is from Piedmont, about a 2 hour drive from the plains. I went to school with her K-12. She still has family there. Don't think she went to allbarn but not sure. And it is much closer to an outsdtanding health care at b'ham than where they are now.
That being said, I still don't think anybody would leave FSU to go coach that other team.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I did not know that about the younger Fisher, thanks for posting the video.

I agree Patterson would be a good hire for Arkansas, I'd take him over Tubby, who wouldn't be a horrible choice, but one I'd take only if I couldn't find anyone better.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I say Ears goes to Arky (would be a good hire for them IMHO) and Petrino ends up at UK. I think UK would beg for Petrino to come coach there, for one he knows Kentucky recruiting wise, and two it would be a shot at Louisville, and three we all know UK could care less about baggage with Hal Mumme and the innocent Coach Cal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.