Question: How does A&M's O-line compare with LSU's O-line?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I feel like this is what the next game comes down to. If you feel qualified to answer please speak to this topic.

Will we be able to rush and get to their QB better than we did LSU?

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They have a very good offensive line. They're probably up there with Tennessee in terms of teams we've played. I'd argue that they are better overall than Tennessee's line in terms of pass and run blocking but Tennessee's was probably the best pure protection unit we'll see in SEC play.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Both of their tackles are projected first round picks if they were to leave early for the NFL Draft. Jake Matthews and Luke Joeckel. They're juniors. Not sure if they're as physical overall as LSU but they are very talented and are right up there with Tennessee. I think they returned all five starters from a year ago.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yes, they are experienced and the tackles are very good, maybe weaker in the center. But they are doing something different from Tennessee and LSU. They don't have to hold up endlessly while their qb stands around like a phone pole in the pocket. They expect and even want their qb to be on the run and try to create plays that way. I don't expect us to go after him like we did ZM. Flushing him out of the pocket may create trouble. More like the plan for LSU in January or against Michigan this year, maybe even with someone acting as a "spy" on him. We wouldn't mind blindsiding him a time or two, of course, but if we get our rushers behind him, he'll make us pay with his legs. JW and BI need to consistently command a double team. JMHO, obviously.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
They have more experience on their OL than LSU and 2 very talented OT. However, our gameplan will be drastically different than LSU as far as pressure. I highly doubt we blitz a lot (1) because we were not effective against LSU with it and it left us in a bad spot with our DB's and (2) JM can move around better than ZM, and we don't want to over-run our pressure and let him escape. I'd fully expect us to employ the strategy we had for DR, Tebow, and Cam.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I think their line is better. Of course, I think LSU's line played their best game of the year by far. We must play better, and we sure as heck can't allow them to possess the ball twice as long as we do like LSU did.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I would say that the Aggie OL is better, because of the losses in LSU's line to injury.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Supposed to be their strength, along with the QB obviously. The two best defenses they played stuffed them pretty good as I expect we will. :BigA:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Slightly better overall, though with a different style. Quality run blocking line at A&M, but I tend to a bit more athletic at some positions, better in pass protection, but not quite the maulers like you find at LSU.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
We'll play a lot of contain, pressure won't likely be the gameplan for the most part. I would think we'd run a similar game plan as we did against Michigan.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
One area help out others in defense. If our DB'S cover like we know they can, with no one open then it becomes panic not plan.

Linebackers need to have a really heads up game & not run past the QB ever, just like Alabama handled the Tebow.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I would say that the Aggie OL is better, because of the losses in LSU's line to injury.
Exactly. LSU's offensive line is the biggest weakness on their team. You can't lose three starters to injury and expect to be good.
There's simply not very many outstanding offensive linemen available. Kinda like Coach Saban said, "We're not deep on the O-Line but nobody else is either".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.