Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Where does Kirby Smart end up?

arky,kentucky,tenn or auburn? i dont see auburn i do know kentucky sent out feelers or may even have may contact but i see him at arky just my feeling a good oc and his defense he could do very well at arkansas

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: where does smart end up?

Quote Originally Posted by gunner07tx View Post
    arky,kentucky,tenn or auburn? i dont see auburn i do know kentucky sent out feelers or may even have may contact but i see him at arky just my feeling a good oc and his defense he could do very well at arkansas
    Unless he's taking Calipari's place and knows Bball there is no future at UK! Fact of life! It is a graveyard for Football and receives no financial support.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I don't see Auburn or Tenn. hiring him because they'll want to go after a big name guy like we did with CNS. Arky would be interesting, but I doubt his first HC job is somewhere in the SEC. Most schools would want a bit of a track record to go on. Those schools that would hire him right away (UK) are not an ideal destination for an up-and-coming coach because his record will be atrocious and he'll have to start over as a coordinator somewhere. I'm hoping he stays, but a spot like Maryland or Virginia wouldn't be bad for him starting out. Heck, VT may be looking for a new coach fairly soon; that would be a good spot to revive a rpgoram.

BamaNation First Team Stonewall1959's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

I don't see him going to the Cow College at all. Arkansas or TN would be the best opportunities in the SEC. I really expect to see Tubberville going to Arkansas, though. Kentucky is a graveyard and I don't think he'd be interested in that at all. I can't imagine that he'd want a job in the SEC west where he'd have to play Alabama every year.

I look for him to go outside of the SEC. But, it's just my opinion.

BamaNation All-American

No way he goes to Ky. and hopefully not Tn., if Jimbo Fisher takes the albarn job then Smart would do good at FSU. I don't understand Fisher even considering Albarn as long as Jay Jacobs and Pat Dye are there oh yeah! and the yeller feller.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

I've heard his name suggested as a replacement for the dumpster fire that is Ellis Johnson's tenure here in town @ USM. That is, should USM find the $$ to cut Johnson loose after 1 year. (Inherited a 12-2 team; QB graduated, but a good bunch returned; record so far in year one: 0-9! The locals are beyond livid.)

Wouldn't be a bad start to Kirby's HC career. But I'm quite OK w/ him hanging around my alma mater as DC for a few more years first...
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In T Town as our D Coach!

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by gunner07tx View Post
    None of the above.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Why would anyone want the Arky job? What recruiting sells pitch do you have? "Hey, come here and win! We are in the same division as Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M!" Plus, there's not much in-state talent.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In T town after Coach Saban heads to the lake, once and for all?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood

I'm beginning to get the feeling Coach Saban is grooming him to become our next HC after he retires..And I'm honestly good with that..Cause I think Coach Saban will stick around 5-7 more years..By then Coach Smart will know & understand the "Process" as good as his master..Why mess up a good thing when Coach Smart will be ready to take control when Coach Saban retires..Most folks won't like that idea & I didn't either a couple years ago..But..It's obvious Coach Smart has HC'ing material written all over him..I think it's worth giving it a try..Lets keep the "Process" going after Coach Saban retires..I have a feeling Coach Smart will do just that if giving the shot..JMO

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hopefully he goes somewhere outside the SEC like maybe Virginia Tech, Florida St, (Georgia Southern wouldn't be a bad hc job believe it or not ;-) ... and then Coach Saban retires and he comes back to ... would make a nice story anyways.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Hopefully he goes somewhere outside the SEC like maybe Virginia Tech, Florida St, (Georgia Southern wouldn't be a bad hc job believe it or not ;-) ... and then Coach Saban retires and he comes back to ... would make a nice story anyways.
    I'm good with that as well..But..I just assume he stays at Bama & learn all he can from the best HC in the business..